Got a ticket about 4 yrs ago...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a ticket about 4 yrs ago...

And it was expensive ($631.00 DWLI) in Arlington. So anyways, I finally got busted the other day by a State Trooper and ended up in Lou Lou. I bonded out and I now need to setup a court date.
    Does anyone know of a good lawyer in Tarrant county whom I can contact to discuss my case?
    I have a guy that works Dallas and Denton Co. but his recommendation for Tarrant Co. didn't work out so well for my buddy so I am looking for alternatives. Any help will be appreciated.

-Chris
    Originally posted by Sean88gt
    You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
    Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
    You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

do you need a lawyer for that?

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

dwli?

Comment

mimi coffee covers tarrant.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
          dwli?
          Driving While License Invalid

Same thing as Driving While License Suspended (DWLS)

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
            Driving While License Invalid

Same thing as Driving While License Suspended (DWLS)
            You sure it's not driving while legally inbred?

WTF, did you not take care of the ticket to begin with? What spedcifically caused you to get a face to face with Lewis Derrick?
            G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post

WTF, did you not take care of the ticket to begin with? What spedcifically caused you to get a face to face with Lewis Derrick?
              Same thing happened to me, actually. I got a ticket in Massachusetts for speeding while out there on a contract job. I forgot about it and left it in the hotel room. I got pulled over when I came back to Texas for going three over the speed limit, and apparently my license had been suspended because of the non-payment to Massachusetts. DWLS/I, from what the officer said, is a Class B Misdemeanor, and is up to the officer's discretion whether or not they want to arrest, or ticket, and I got arrested because he said I was trying to "run on him." I didn't even know my license was suspended.

Comment

Well I think I need an attorney seeing as I have previously had my license (denied Renewal) but not a suspension...whatever the difference is I don't know.

Anyways, I know the state likes to fuck you twice on moving violations which is why I want to consult an attorney on the situation to determine what the best move may be although I know my options are limited. I cannot afford to have my license revoked/suspended so I just want to know what options I do have.

I will call that Mimi Coffee character and see what they have to say..thanks for the info thus far

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post

You do realize either way I would be going through the same process minus the jail time which actually helped me reduce court cost since I was in there more than 8 hrs....so actually I helped myself out.....
                You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

"I finally got busted.." So you think you have a case or something? el.oh.el...

Comment

Originally posted by threefortytwo View Post
                    "I finally got busted.." So you think you have a case or something? el.oh.el...
                    after 4 years, maybe 5, and being pulled over numerous times for the warrant hit on my plate and having not gone to jail until now....yeah I consider that getting busted; popped; taken in....whatever descriptive phrase you chose...

Comment

Hardcore.

Comment

How do people fail to pay tickets or at least make arrangements to pay if money is an issue?

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
                          Well I think I need an attorney seeing as I have previously had my license (denied Renewal) but not a suspension...whatever the difference is I don't know.

Anyways, I know the state likes to fuck you twice on moving violations which is why I want to consult an attorney on the situation to determine what the best move may be although I know my options are limited. I cannot afford to have my license revoked/suspended so I just want to know what options I do have.

I will call that Mimi Coffee character and see what they have to say..thanks for the info thus far

You do realize either way I would be going through the same process minus the jail time which actually helped me reduce court cost since I was in there more than 8 hrs....so actually I helped myself out.....
                          You do realize that you're a dumbass who thinks that going to jail for 8 hours helped him?

So let me get this straight, since your first post is sort of ambiguous, you got a ticket for DWLI and failed to take care of it since it was so expensive. Finally got caught, and now you want to lawyer up so that it doesn't affect your record or cost you more money?

Man that $631 is going to look good once you get through with lawyers and court costs and surcharges and whatnot.
                          G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                            Same thing happened to me, actually. I got a ticket in Massachusetts for speeding while out there on a contract job. I forgot about it and left it in the hotel room. I got pulled over when I came back to Texas for going three over the speed limit, and apparently my license had been suspended because of the non-payment to Massachusetts. DWLS/I, from what the officer said, is a Class B Misdemeanor, and is up to the officer's discretion whether or not they want to arrest, or ticket, and I got arrested because he said I was trying to "run on him." I didn't even know my license was suspended.
                            Exact same thing here. I found out that Louisiana did NOT post a speeding ticket,(that I paid for--have receipt) I received years ago.(4 years)
                            I changed Insurance companies, new company informed me that my TX. license is suspended!!!
                            I had no idea why/where/who/what was going on. I called Austin(DMV) and found out the story.

Bottom line----Louisiana let me pay the ticket again(nice of them right) 175.00 and they sent paperwork to Texas to clear my record. Time involved --3 months!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I had been pulled over during that time, I would have gone to lou lou myself. Nice hua!!!!!

LESSON -- check your shit ,credit,personal records every year for crap like this!!

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
                              Exact same thing here. I found out that Louisiana did NOT post a speeding ticket,(that I paid for--have receipt) I received years ago.(4 years)
                              I changed Insurance companies, new company informed me that my TX. license is suspended!!!
                              I had no idea why/where/who/what was going on. I called Austin(DMV) and found out the story.

Bottom line----Louisiana let me pay the ticket again(nice of them right) 175.00 and they sent paperwork to Texas to clear my record. Time involved --3 months!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I had been pulled over during that time, I would have gone to lou lou myself. Nice hua!!!!!

LESSON -- check your shit ,credit,personal records every year for crap like this!!
                              Yep. I learned my $1100 (after all fines, court costs, lawyer, etc.) lesson. Luckily it really wasn't that expensive a lesson, but the impact of said lesson will stay with me.

Comment

Working...
                              X