Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Societal problem, demographic issue or bad parenting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul, let's go play steal cars this weekend, fo realz!

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
      Paul, let's go play steal cars this weekend, fo realz!
      i dont know....that last game you made up.... "rape" i think it was called turned out to not be near as fun as you made it sound.

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
        i dont know....that last game you made up.... "rape" i think it was called turned out to not be near as fun as you made it sound.

god bless.
        It was better than that damn game you always want to play.. "tummy sticks" or whatever. I just don't feel so comfortable taking my clothes off around you Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
          I see the same thing with the Hispanic culture. The older ones came here and worked very hard to give their children things they never had. They were productive people, but now this generation is becoming entrenched in black culture with "bling" wheels, rap/hip-hop, and entitlement attitudes.

It's a sad, sad thing.
          Same with Asians. Some of the kids I was in college with had embraced "our" culture a little too well. Previous to that I had never know an Asian that didn't work hard at school and didn't, consequently, do very well.

Comment

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post
            Same with Asians. Some of the kids I was in college with had embraced "our" culture a little too well. Previous to that I had never know an Asian that didn't work hard at school and didn't, consequently, do very well.
            yup, now they all want to be professional poker players

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
              It's bad parenting when it comes down to it, but stereotypes exist for a reason. I've said it before on here. I feel horrible for older black people. They've actually dealt with oppression, and their kids and grandkids are fucking up all that they've worked for.

I just heard about this the other day and apparently Bill Cosby has the same opinion.

He sounds like MLK in my opinion. Which is great.
              .. and IIRC the NAACP went bat shit crazy over the comments he made.

Comment

id bet good money that back in day people would just slap the shit out of some kids like that.
                Cause their parents were too stupid to do it themselves.
                probably slap them next.

Comment

I think it definitely boils down to poor parenting. Kids need to learn at a young age that there are consequences to their actions and that they aren't going to get away with doing shit that is wrong or that they have been told not to.
                  When you have parents letting their kids run around and do whatever they want it just leads to them doing whatever they think they can get away with later in life.
                  Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                  Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post

god bless.
                    You were the only one crying and the rest of all had a blast (or 2).

Comment

Working...
                    X