Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Societal problem, demographic issue or bad parenting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sean, I wouldn't sweat it. If you saw it, I guarantee your kid saw it, and knows better.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
      Which ones were bred to be strong and able to work all day, but not to think?
      That one made me laugh.

Comment

My opinion, is that good parenting would trump the social pressures and demographics. Teach the child right from wrong, and he/she will see if/when others are being stupid motherfuckers. Let the fucking hoodrats teach your child, and you will get a fucking hoodrat.

Stevo
        Originally posted by SSMAN
        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
          I don't necessarily see it just as a black thing. I've seen it equally bad amongst all races.
          There are plenty of jerk offs of all races, lots of white ones on this board, but I wouldn't go as far as to say "equal".

I can't recall any of my friends or family members ever catching Jew/Asian/Indian kids breaking into their vehicles, businesses, or homes.
          US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
            wait a minute...pics or it didn't happen. Black people in Plano?! I call bullshit!
            To further the myth, the orthopedic surgeon doing the surgery and RN are both black. They speak really well!

Comment

Now we find the real reason Sean is going to Colorado.... Black people hate the cold. (with the exception of the Jamaican bobsled team)

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                Now we find the real reason Sean is going to Colorado.... Black people hate the cold. (with the exception of the Jamaican bobsled team)

I thought it was swim.

Stevo
                Originally posted by SSMAN
                ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                  My opinion, is that good parenting would trump the social pressures and demographics. Teach the child right from wrong, and he/she will see if/when others are being stupid motherfuckers. Let the fucking hoodrats teach your child, and you will get a fucking hoodrat.

Stevo
                  This.

People are a product (more or less) of their environment.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                    Which ones were bred to be strong and able to work all day, but not to think?
                    Chihuahuas...

Comment

My son has lost some of his friends due to their changes (mostly from 12-15), but I notice he distances himself well on his own. It is truely sad to see some of these great kids I coached in Little League turn into shitbags, mostly from their parents' lack of attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                        My son has lost some of his friends due to their changes (mostly from 12-15), but I notice he distances himself well on his own. It is truely sad to see some of these great kids I coached in Little League turn into shitbags, mostly from their parents' lack of attention.
                        12-15, hell, most of their influence is from their friends and not their parents. No one gives a shit about their parents at that age.

Comment

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post
                          12-15, hell, most of their influence is from their friends and not their parents. No one gives a shit about their parents at that age.
                          But parental influence can still be strong IF it is done right leading up to that point.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                            But parental influence can still be strong IF it is done right leading up to that point.
                            I dunno.. In my opinion it will ultimately shape the kids but for the most part from 12-20ish (err, 26 in my case) they will almost completely ignore what they've been taught by their parents. My parents were strict as hell and raised me proper but I was TERRIBLE after about 13. In the end though I turned out very well, and I think it is largely due to my upbringing. Some kids are not raised right and are F'ed up for life but I think a lot just get off track during their teens.

Comment

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post
                              I dunno.. In my opinion it will ultimately shape the kids but for the most part from 12-20ish (err, 26 in my case) they will almost completely ignore what they've been taught by their parents. My parents were strict as hell and raised me proper but I was TERRIBLE after about 13. In the end though I turned out very well, and I think it is largely due to my upbringing. Some kids are not raised right and are F'ed up for life but I think a lot just get off track during their teens.
                              I completely disagree. Parents and family were all still a major influence in every person I know of regardless of age. I understand some people have different personalities and choose to ignore, but even in those situations it only lessened the influence and did not erase it.
                              Last edited by Jimbo; 06-08-2011, 01:24 AM.

Comment

It's bad parenting when it comes down to it, but stereotypes exist for a reason. I've said it before on here. I feel horrible for older black people. They've actually dealt with oppression, and their kids and grandkids are fucking up all that they've worked for.

I just heard about this the other day and apparently Bill Cosby has the same opinion.

He sounds like MLK in my opinion. Which is great.
                                "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Working...
                                X