Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any current or former graduate students? Work question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any current or former graduate students? Work question...

How many of you that have or are working towards graduate degrees are still working full time? If ya are, how much of a bitch is it to balance between 40-50 hr work week and school? Financially I'll probably be needing a real job soon. I'm not sure if I can keep going on bullshit college jobs for 2 more years, just curious if full time work and a masters is as shitty as people tend to say it is.

I've been doing my masters for the past 2 years and working like 50+ hours a week. I only go mon/wed nights but it's still a bitch. Takes dedication but it will all be worth it in august when I graduate.

Comment

I know Ruffdaddy is doing a masters while working but it is online. What is your master's in?
      www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by SlowLX View Post
        How many of you that have or are working towards graduate degrees are still working full time? If ya are, how much of a bitch is it to balance between 40-50 hr work week and school? Financially I'll probably be needing a real job soon. I'm not sure if I can keep going on bullshit college jobs for 2 more years, just curious if full time work and a masters is as shitty as people tend to say it is.
        I'm forwarding your concerns to your boss. Don't worry.

And I never went through any grad program, but I can tell you people I know (including my wife) wouldn't have made it if they had to divert their attention for a job during that time.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
          I'm forwarding your concerns to your boss. Don't worry.

And I never went through any grad program, but I can tell you people I know (including my wife) wouldn't have made it if they had to divert their attention for a job during that time.
          I quit that place Fucking months ago lol. I've been taking the summer "off" with a large bank account I've built up

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
            I know Ruffdaddy is doing a masters while working but it is online. What is your master's in?
            MPA still haven't decided on an emphasis area. With the VA and Texas footing the bill if I get enough scholarship money I may be able to live comfortably with BS jobs for a while longer but I'm looking at all my options

Comment

I work 40-50 hours a week, and travel here and there to visit suppliers and customers and have no problem maintaining a 4.0. Granted it may take me 3 years to finish. Also, my degree is engineering management (aka easy)...any non technical degree will seem much easier to anyone who has been through most engineerig programs.

Comment

I work 60 hours a week and am working on my MPA. It sucks but I've gone through worse.

Comment

Working...
                X