No announcement yet.

Bike Title Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there is a title correction form, which states (as one of the choices) that the title was signed in error, that should solve your problem - check with your dmv office, they should have one, if not, let me know -

Comment

Originally posted by yzf1k View Post
      there is a title correction form, which states (as one of the choices) that the title was signed in error, that should solve your problem - check with your dmv office, they should have one, if not, let me know -
      Wouldn't the seller need to initiate this?
      Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
      Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
        Wouldn't the seller need to initiate this?
        not to get the form, just go to dmv and tell them you need a title correction form, it has several choices on it that state the problem (choose one), the seller will need to sign it, and the new buyer (whoever you sell it to) will need to sign it i'm sure, but you don't have to be the seller just to get one from dmv, they should just give you one if you ask for it -

Comment

Originally posted by yzf1k View Post
          not to get the form, just go to dmv and tell them you need a title correction form, it has several choices on it that state the problem (choose one), the seller will need to sign it, and the new buyer (whoever you sell it to) will need to sign it i'm sure, but you don't have to be the seller just to get one from dmv, they should just give you one if you ask for it -
          Thats the thing. I don't think the seller would be willing to do that. He was very paranoid. He questioned me why I put my middle initial in one refence of my name and not the other...
          Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
          Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
            Thats the thing. I don't think the seller would be willing to do that. He was very paranoid. He questioned me why I put my middle initial in one refence of my name and not the other...
            pm me your fax #, i'll see if i can get one from our title clerk -

Comment

you'll have to pay the registration in full. there are ways around the late fees and tax.

i've always used the gift option, never had a problem. also, they provide an affidavit that you can take to the seller, or forge, that says the date on the title is not the actual date of the transaction, and you can write in a more current date to avoid fees.

the fees are ridiculous if you dont transfer it in time.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                That's for dealers.
                x2 for dealers they have stickers cause they pay bulk $$

Comment

trade you a jet ski

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                    In my experience, if you have signed it, you're going to have to pay tax/registration. Period. The office by me doesn't make exceptions.
                    This is what they want.

New buyer will either have to forge some letters as you and the previous seller basically saying the sale never went through OR get a bonded title $$$.

If you're flipping vehicles you gotta jump titles newb! j/k LOL

You sign it and you make shit SO much harder for yourself and whoever you intend on selling it too.

Tax man wants that money!

Ever think about how many times tax is paid on the same vehicle? Exotic cars often change hands and rarely see many miles. I wonder how much tax gets paid during the first 10-15 years of the typical exotics existence and what the cost per mile is.
                    US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Working...
                    X