Bike Title Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike Title Question

I bought a bike that I wanted to ride for a month or two then sell it.

However, the title was signed and dated. I know I have to get it registered in 30 days or some amount of time like that but my question is, if I find a buyer within the thirty days can him and I go up there and just transfer it into his name?
    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

well first off if its dated be prepaired for some PITA moments. but as long as you haven't signed it the new buyer can go up their on his own. he doesnt need you their.

Comment

He doesn't need you there either.
      G'Day Mate

Comment

I signed it unfortunately.

if I have signed it can I not just use the line underneath where the seller and I put our information? I mean there are 3-4 rows for the same info?
        Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
          I signed it unfortunately.

if I have signed it can I not just use the line underneath where the seller and I put our information? I mean there are 3-4 rows for the same info?
          In my experience, if you have signed it, you're going to have to pay tax/registration. Period. The office by me doesn't make exceptions.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            In my experience, if you have signed it, you're going to have to pay tax/registration. Period. The office by me doesn't make exceptions.
            Understood, but why are there 3-4 lines on the back of the title as if it is for multiple transfers?

Comment

Understood, but why are there 3-4 lines on the back of the title as if it is for multiple transfers?
              That I don't know. But here is the problem. That's likely not going to be an acceptable defense. And you're just trying to skirt the registration/taxes, and the tax office knows that. If there is a way to take money from you, you can bet they are going to do it.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                That I don't know. But here is the problem. That's likely not going to be an acceptable defense. And you're just trying to skirt the registration/taxes, and the tax office knows that. If there is a way to take money from you, you can bet they are going to do it.
                Sooo, if I sign the title over to someone else and let him register the bike I am guessing I am still going to get charged late fees and all that jazz?

Comment

You got it. You signed it so you get to pay the taxes, late fees, title transfer fee, etc. before you can transfer the title.
                  01 red GT - 745whp/780wtq Whippled 4V and built 4R75W

Comment

Not happy.......

Comment

So that the bike can be sold multiple times without having to issue a new title. You've signed, and therefore liable for the tax and registration, just like new the buyer will be when he transfers it into his name. They don't care if the sale happens in a month or a year, all buyers must pay sales tax and fees associated with the registration name change.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                        So that the bike can be sold multiple times without having to issue a new title. You've signed, and therefore liable for the tax and registration, just like new the buyer will be when he transfers it into his name. They don't care if the sale happens in a month or a year, all buyers must pay sales tax and fees associated with the registration name change.
                        I only planned on keeping the bike for less than a month. I don't want to pay for that crap...

Comment

I only planned on keeping the bike for less than a month.
                          The state doesn't care how long you keep it, they want their $$$.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                            The state doesn't care how long you keep it, they want their $$$.
                            The state can kiss my ass.

Comment

That's for dealers.

Comment

Working...
                              X