Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A penny for your thoughts

G'Day Mate

I am sure the charge has less to do with him paying in pennies and more to do with how he presented himself when he "dumped" the pennies on the counter.

Comment

I'm sure he was a dick when he poured out the money, but I understand the frustration. Wouldn't surprise me to see him pay the disorderly fine the same way.

Comment

i pulled the same shit in high school. damn that was almost 20 yrs ago.

god bless.
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
          i pulled the same shit in high school. damn that was almost 20 yrs ago.

god bless.
          Old.
          Bald.
          Gay.
          How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Like mentioned in some of the reponses on the website, if pennies are still legal tender for all debts public and private, then deal with the fact that people might pay in pennies, fuck em.
            Vortex rear stand $75
            8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
            My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
            but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
            11 4 door
            13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
              Like mentioned in some of the reponses on the website, if pennies are still legal tender for all debts public and private, then deal with the fact that people might pay in pennies, fuck em.
              They don't have to accept cash. While they are legal tender, nothing says that a vendor has to accept it.

Comment

He asked if they accepted cash before he plopped them down. They accept cash, therefore they need to accept the pennies.
                G'Day Mate

Comment

They don't have to accept your CASH payment? Wouldn't that make the debt void?
                  QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

Originally posted by Jewrrick View Post
                    They don't have to accept your CASH payment? Wouldn't that make the debt void?
                    No.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                      No.
                      So in theory, if a vendor wont accept your payment ( by whatever means), can they legally holf the debt over your head? If so, how long?
                      Vortex rear stand $75
                      8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                      My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                      but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                      11 4 door
                      13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Working...
                      X