Craigslist parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craigslist parts

So the other day I answered a craigslist ad for some wheels and tires. I got a steal for all 4. Well the guy that sold me the wheels called and told me his father was ill with cancer and if I wanted any other parts off his 2010 truck. I jokingly stated I could always use an engine. I was surprised when he said he would take $1500 for his engine with 21k. I was really considering it but I doubt his truck is paid off and don't want to lose cash in this deal if he gets in trouble for this. What do you guys think?

Originally posted by ARIX View Post
    So the other day I answered a craigslist ad for some wheels and tires. I got a steal for all 4. Well the guy that sold me the wheels called and told me his father was ill with cancer and if I wanted any other parts off his 2010 truck. I jokingly stated I could always use an engine. I was surprised when he said he would take $1500 for his engine with 21k. I was really considering it but I doubt his truck is paid off and don't want to lose cash in this deal if he gets in trouble for this. What do you guys think?
    Sounds stolen

Comment

I think it's a stolen truck.

Comment

What type of truck/engine?

Comment

stolen
          www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
            Does it really matter? The truck is 2 years old, $1500 for the motor sounds like a crackhead discount.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
              Does it really matter? The truck is 2 years old, $1500 for the motor sounds like a crackhead discount.
              Why wouldn't he just sell the whole truck?
              www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                Oh, I know it does.... But if it is was the right engine for my project, I'd be tempted to swoop in like a vulture.

Comment

Hey, ask him for the VIN so you can verify the engine year, codes, blah blah blah. See if he freaks out or ignores future calls once you request a VIN.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                    Its a 2010 Nissan Frontier black. Really nice truck. I bought his stock wheels and he told me he was going to go for a lower profile look. The engine is a 4.0 nissan v6 and sounds perfect. I damn near pulled the trigger but if something sounds too good to be true it may be. If I knew he had no contact info on me I'd prob do it. But he has my number so I'm thinking I better hold back. The engine with components I'm guessing is around 3-5k. It's a really hard thing to pass but prob for the better.

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                      Why wouldn't he just sell the whole truck?
                      He keeps claiming he's going to fix it back up when his father gets better- if he does. That right there makes me think either a heroin guy or a future repo.

I called him today and told I would pass but if any of you guys want the contact info I will pm you.

Comment

Working...
                      X