Where to stay in the Florida Keys??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to stay in the Florida Keys??

The girlfriend and I are thinking about taking a trip to the Keys this summer. I went to Destin last year and I want to do something different.

I have looked at a couple resorts:

Hawks Cay Resort
    Holiday Isle Beach Resort

Are these great options? Are there any other options I should look for?

I don't really want to do anything in particular, just typical beach, sight seeing stuff. I would like to find a kick ass harbor with some nice boats though. Also, I am not spending $150 for dinner so a resort that's close to "off resort" type of dining is preferred.

Your thoughts/opinions?

Thanks

Originally posted by jason07 View Post
    The girlfriend and I are thinking about taking a trip to the Keys this summer. I went to Destin last year and I want to do something different.

I have looked at a couple resorts:

Hawks Cay Resort
    Holiday Isle Beach Resort

Are these great options? Are there any other options I should look for?

I don't really want to do anything in particular, just typical beach, sight seeing stuff. I would like to find a kick ass harbor with some nice boats though. Also, I am not spending $150 for dinner so a resort that's close to "off resort" type of dining is preferred.

Your thoughts/opinions?

Thanks
    Have you looked at doing an all-inclusive in Cabo/Bahamas or Playa? You'll pay about the same as you would for air/hotel, but all meals/drinks will be included. I think that's what we're doing for Thanksgiving this year.
    Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
    Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
    Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
    You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

I've been to Playa and I am not keen on going to Cabo right now. Although the Bahamas might be a good choice too. Most everyone speaks the English there too.

Comment

The keys are fantastic if you are gay. The wife and I got talked into going with another couple not long ago for a scuba diving trip. The water is shallow, murky, everything is overrated and expensive but watching the gay couples is at least entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra86 View Post
          The keys are fantastic if you are gay. The wife and I got talked into going with another couple not long ago for a scuba diving trip. The water is shallow, murky, everything is overrated and expensive but watching the gay couples is at least entertaining.

A_______B________I________D_______E

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra86 View Post
            You know how I know you're gay?? Because you said it's entertaining to watch gay couples! LOL

Thanks for the input though

Comment

Checca Lodge

Comment

Very few beaches in South Florida look like they do on CSI Miami..
                Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Too many old people in Florida. Beaches suck and cost way too much for what it is.
                  I think his point is that the fish got low balled, fucked in the catfish asshole and you paid half price. The worst part was the fish explaining to his fish friends why his asshole smelled like redneck

Comment

We stayed at Banana Bay on Marathon - just a little family run deal. Would happily go there again.
                    Last edited by JP135; 06-07-2011, 02:21 PM. Reason: spelling!

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                      Very few beaches in South Florida look like they do on CSI Miami..
                      I don't know where you spent time but majority of beaches have light sand and bright blue water on the east coast of florida. I spend 6-8 months of the year there all up and down the coast. I didn't really care for the keys, depending on which key you stay on. I'd go to nassau over the keys.

Comment

Working...
                      X