No announcement yet.

Ford Edge or Nissan Murano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overwhelming support for the Edge, on a Ford site. Whodathunkit?

We had an 06 Murano. It was very nice, and we never had a single problem with it. I do like the Edge though. Fit and finish on my Murano was better than the older Edge, haven't been in the newer ones to know.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

We have an 07 edge and love it. The new ones are more pimp with all the snazzy interior lights. The morano just feels cheap and I hate the way they ride.
      Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

My mom had a 2010 Murano and she only drove it for 6 months...was a pile of crap.
        Originally posted by Da Prez
        Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
        Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

I kind of think the Murano looks better, and I don't care for some of the current designs for Ford. But it was said already, parts will be cheaper down the road, and if they are pretty much comprable, go with the Edge.

Comment

The new Edge is really nice. I looked at the sport model and it looks smooth. Edge IMO!

Comment

Edge out of the 2 choices, but I really like the new Explorer - they are very nice looking.

Comment

The Edge has more room in it.
                I think his point is that the fish got low balled, fucked in the catfish asshole and you paid half price. The worst part was the fish explaining to his fish friends why his asshole smelled like redneck

Comment

haven't ever driven a Murano, but i do have an 08 Edge and love it. it's dam comfortable, plenty of room for my family.

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
                    go with a Kia, they actually have a really nice one out there just cant think of the name of it right now
                    Sorento

I hate the back seats in the edge. Decent leg room, but the headroom sucks balls. I'm 6'2" and had to crane my neck to fit in the back seat.

We're looking at the Acadia or Terrain for our next CUV purchase.
                    G'Day Mate

Comment

We have had an Edge for almost 1.5 years now. We got the SEL because it had everything the limited did except for the power lift gate and 1" diameter smaller wheels for 3K less. I got it with double rebates and traded in my Focus, so we got the new car for 22K TT&L out the door. The wife drives it and loves it. There is plenty of room in the back seat for adult size people. The hatch is sufficient for driving around town, store runs, and even hauling the kids to practice.

I put the Steeda cold air kit and an SCT tuner on it. The car has a throatier sound and will leave plenty of rubber behind now if you stomp on it. It got over 25 mpg when we took it to Houston a few months back, and I consistently get 22 mpg when I drive it in a combined city/hwy manner. She gets a little less, but doesn't drive it as aggressively.

We still have a minivan, a truck, and the mustang, so I have a vehicle that fits every need. That being said, the Edge has a little of all of those in it.

Comment

Edge all the way. Lyn loved her 07 model

Comment

Originally posted by bjtheman1 View Post
                          I really like the Ford Edge, nice with some great options
                          Ditto.

Comment

I've driven both the Edge and Murano, and I've owned both Fords and Nissans.

I like the Edge hands down over the Murano, it was more cofortable, easier to drive, and all around felt put together better.

Comment

I owned the 1st gen Murano and I really did like it. I liked it even after the CVT tranny blew up. That said, I've driven the current Edge and it is one sweet ride.

However my wife and I ended up buying the new Equinox. It is slightly smaller than the Edge but gets up to 32mpg with the four banger. It is obviously slow but the power is acceptable. The fit and finish are astonishingly good for a Chevy. The newer ones have an updated OnStar system that supposedly rivals Ford Sync, but I haven't tried it out yet.

Someone mentioned the Flex. That is also a good CUV but it hasn't sold as well as Ford would like. I'm betting you can get some pretty good deals on them.

One other thing, later in the year, Ford will release the Edge with the ecoboost 4 banger. It should have around 250hp but is expected to get around 30mpg or better.

Comment

Working...
                              X