X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He works with 16 gauge. Maybe some stainless steel will suffice
    .....bro....

Comment

just buy a piece of sheet metal for like 10 bucks, and cut it to fit, prop it up in there, and it should divert the heat and still allow enough smoke to come out.

or you could use some sheet metal screws, but welding it would probably be your best bet.

But for 10 bucks, you could just try placing a scrap piece of metal propped up over the bottom portion of the hole and see if it helps.

Comment

Originally posted by bard View Post
        I have a deflector in mine. Will it make a diff? My gut says yes, but this is my first smoker and I rotate the food anyway so who knows for sure.
        I have a diffuser plate in my horizontal offset also and it helped a lot to keep the temps even across the width of the smoker.
        Mine is like this one - it meets the wall at the top of the opening to the fire box and has holes of increasing size as you go away from the box.
        Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
        Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
          I as gonna post this in the food forum but figured I'd just post it here....
          See this hole. That's the hole between my fire box and heat box ( idk wth they're called) I was thinking that the hole is too big because it usually cooks whatever is on that side quicker. Yall think it would be a good idea to have someone weld half of it shut?
          Yes the hole is too big....I would get something to cover up about half that hole. You can also place your meat on the other side of the pit.

Comment

Working...
          X