Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Irate Neighbor Situation, Overreaction on my part?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He ended up telling me that his brother was really hurt on one and I guess the mere sight of a pit bike makes him so mad he's willing to chase one down and go nuts on the home owner? When he returned he told me that he called the police back and asked that they ignore his earlier request. Like I said, he ended up being an okay guy, and we all have our moments. I would have thought like you guys that my buddy must have done something crazy to make him that mad (although this is not typical of his character), but the guy just said he was just hauling down the road (mind you while it is a 88cc big bore, the gearing limits the bike to a max speed of maybe 45mph). And again, I am by no means claiming to be an innocent party, it isn't street legal and he most likely was going above the posted 30mph speed limit, I have no problem with that, but the immediate aggression that he presented was really something that took this to the next level.

The point of this post was just that as I saw him approaching my home (the second time) my adrenaline level sky rocketed and I went into protection mode (thus grabbing the pipe). If there is only one place on this earth I refuse to be threatened it is my home, and since my last request to him was to leave my property, and we left on such bad terms, I felt that odds were he was coming to settle the score. When I told my buddy about the subsequent encounter he thought it was crazy that I'd have approached him with a pipe, which made me feel like either a crazy man or a wuss. I reminded him that had the guy had ill intentions that pipe (however ineffective it might be against a gun) might have saved my life. As far as the neighbor, he looked pretty shocked that I came out with a pipe as well, whoops.

Comment

Should have hit him with the pipe

Just kidding.

Comment

I don't think you overreacted. I tend to be very territorial.

Several years back I had a neighbor climb my gate and approach my house at 2:30 am. He was met with a pistol and could never understand my reaction to a guy with a hoodie trespassing in the middle of night.

Comment

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
          Not wrong, just not too common.
          I'd say it's a lot more common that you think. I keep my .40 close anytime I'm working out in the garage with the door open. Never know when someone might roll up on you while you're under the car and I've heard of it happening before.
          Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
          Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

I dont think you overreacted. Flip the coin and what if the guy was there to cause harm? Then maybe you werent armed enough.

Comment

You didn't do anything I wouldn't have done. You should see someone's reaction when they put their dukes up (Come at me bro!) and you go ahead and knock the fuck out of them with a pipe/hammer/whatever. Instant diplomacy.
              Originally posted by racrguy
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Originally posted by racrguy
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I think you did the right thing...grabbing the nearest weapon available when he came back was perfectly normal. After all you did warn him that you would act in self defense if he didn't leave. I would've went to grab my .45 after he left the first time just in case, you never know these days.
                Big Rooster Racing
                85' Coupe
                sigpic

Comment

i have my garage wallpapered in used targets. i think he would have got the picture before deciding to storm up my driveway. if not, maybe once i had drawn down on him.

god bless.
                  It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                    i have my garage wallpapered in used targets. i think he would have got the picture before deciding to storm up my driveway. if not, maybe once i had drawn down on him.

god bless.
                    my garage doesn't face the street, but i like the logic!

Comment

should have armbarred him, then called the cops while making him say mercy!

Comment

god bless.
                        Damn, thats a good idea!
                        Big Rooster Racing
                        85' Coupe
                        sigpic

Comment

god bless.
                          1 fucking target.
                          How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

It is awkward setting down your steel pipe to shake the guys hand whom you were planning to hit with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
                              1 fucking target.
                              and his grouping is SHIT!

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                                my garage doesn't face the street, but i like the logic!
                                mine either, we have an alleyway

Originally posted by carbd89sleeper View Post
                                Damn, thats a good idea!
                                keepin' it classy!!!

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
                                1 fucking target.
                                Homo!

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                                and his grouping is SHIT!
                                See above!

god bless.
                                It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                                X