Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Irate Neighbor Situation, Overreaction on my part?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irate Neighbor Situation, Overreaction on my part?

Saturday I was doing some cleaning in my garage and a buddy of mine was over hanging out. Well, I had moved some stuff around and pulled my pit bike out, so I crank up the CRF-50 and let him run around the block on it (mind you I do live in a pretty nice neighborhood, but never had any problem with riding the little bikes since they have stock mufflers and we rarely ride them). Anyway, when he returns up my driveway he says, "I think somebody followed me here, they were driving behind me going crazy".

I am thinking that somebody probably didn't want him riding and I'd go play nice and diffuse the situation, easier to be nice to the neighbors and since we RARELY ride the 50's and IMO it isn't a big deal. As I am walking down the drive I can tell the guy is PISSED. He immediately yells out to me "NOT YOU, I WANT TO TALK TO THE OTHER GUY". At this point I am thinking to myself what a prick, but stay cool, it's my bike, my house, and I gave him permission so really I am the one responsible. I asked the guy, "is there something I can help you with". Again he reiterates that he wants to talk to my buddy, then goes on to tell me that my buddy was hauling through the neighborhood and that he's called the cops and has him on video blah blah blah. So I respond with, "cool, please leave the front of my house". He comes back with some "I don't have to go anywhere, I'm not going anywhere, I am waiting for the cops" blah blah, so at this point I repeat a few times for him to leave my property and I'd deal with the police when they arrive. Mind you this guy is HEATED, he is absolutely furious, like blowing a gasket, like I shot his dog and made a rug out of it, calling me names, etc. Finally out of anger, and just being fed up with this guy sitting in front of my home causing a scene and calling me tough guy/hot shot/etc. I said something like, "Yep, keep talking, I guarantee you that you won't get out of that car". I know, immature, but at the time I was really just stunned that this guy would approach me with such disrespect because he got so upset over someone riding a pit bike. He then keeps talking smack and drives off.

So I go back to the garage and start cleaning up some things and my buddy leaves. Maybe 10 minutes later I see the guys car is parked in front of my house and he's storming up the driveway. At this point I am thinking, great, this guy went home to grab a gun and he's going to shoot me (and my guns are all inside the house). So, I grab a 3ft steel pipe I use as a breaker bar and meet him at the top of my driveway. Well, this must have caught him off guard because the look on his face was pretty shocked. As he approaches me I warn him that I have asked him to get off my property and that he needs to honor that request or I will act in self defense.

Turns out the guy was there to apologize and I had to set down my pipe to shake the guys hand. He ended up being a pretty decent guy, but that just left me feeling like I overreacted by grabbing my breaker bar. At the time I really believed, based on our previous encounter and how upset he was at such a frivolous thing, that he might be coming back to do something real stupid. What do you guys think?

Grabbing the breaker bar was not an overreaction. Where was your gun?

What did your buddy do to really piss him off?
    Last edited by mstng86; 06-06-2011, 07:52 AM.

Comment

I think you did the right thing. I woulda called the cops on him...an a breaker bar woulda been my last choice for defense. You can't trust crazy people so I would probably have my 45 handy.

Comment

He meant to say armbar, not breakerbar. :shock:
        2012 GT500

Comment

Not too many people have a 45 on them when they are cleaning out the garage, IMO. But I think that you did the right thing. I think that I might have walked inside and armed myself, but if it was too late and the closest thing was a breaker bar, it was about to be a weapon of oppertunity as I like to call them, lol. Glad nothing too big came of it.
          04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
          There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

So I take it he was bluffing on the Cops being called...

Comment

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
              Not too many people have a 45 on them when they are cleaning out the garage, IMO. But I think that you did the right thing. I think that I might have walked inside and armed myself, but if it was too late and the closest thing was a breaker bar, it was about to be a weapon of oppertunity as I like to call them, lol. Glad nothing too big came of it.
              Is it wrong that I have my .40 near me while in the garage?

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
                Not wrong, just not too common.
                04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
                There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

You did the right thing in my opinion. It isn't like you knew what exactly his intentions were at the time.

Comment

Did you figure out what he was mad about? Just because your buddy was riding it or did he do something stupid while he was on it. I don't think you overreacted.
                    Originally posted by Nash B.
                    Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

I would have done the same. Thats cool the guy was sorry for his actions.

Comment

I would have had the guy riding the bike explain what made him so mad. I've gotten those 50's moving pretty good in short distances. I'd be pissed too. Did you ever ask your friend what exactly happened, or just worry about getting the other guy off your property?

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
                          I always have something on me. Unfortunately, some places I'm not allowed. Hell, I'm even carrying when I'm in church!

Comment

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
                            He had time to arm himself after the pissed off neighbor drive off...

Why wouldnt you play it safe after seeing a dumbass flip out like that?

Comment

My buddy
                              My buddy
                              My buddy and me!
                              How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Working...
                              X