Apartment people, 2 or 3 bedroom sized, ? for ya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apartment people, 2 or 3 bedroom sized, ? for ya

Lyn's niece is hopefully moving out soon and is looking at 2 and 3 bedroom apartments. She can't afford a new/newer one that will be maybe more energy efficient, so I'm afraid her electric bill is going to eat her budget up!

I am trying to help figure out what her monthly expenses will be. What is your average electric bill in summer months and in fall/winter?

Anyone looking for a roommate, single (well, divorce final in a week) with 2 kids????

You know the drill mother fucker!!! PICS!!! Also... how much is her budget?

Comment

My rent is 650 and my elec. Bill is around 100.. But that is leaving lights on leaving doors open running it at 75 non stop.. My complex also sucks balls
      ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

My last apartment was a 3/2 and electric typically ranged from 200-250. Apartment efficiencies suck ass!

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
          You know the drill mother fucker!!! PICS!!! Also... how much is her budget?
          Her budget is very small! We are looking at some "assisted living" apartments, but they do not have any openings until August, and that is a 4 bedroom townhouse. Actually, that entire complex is townhouses. Her rent needs to be between $500 and $750, maybe $800 max., and even then, I am worried she can't afford to live.

Comment

Damn, search "tit pic's" on Yahoo with Safe Search turned off...

*** WW ***

Click Me

Comment

My highest bill in the middle of the summer was around 85 in my 2br, ac set to 69-71. Winter was around 130. 2nd floor, 1400? Sqft. The complex was brand new when I moved in, no one had lived in mine. Rent was 900, plus bills.

Comment

500 for a 2 or 3 bedroom is going to be really tough to do. What part of town is she looking at? May have better luck in a duplex...

Comment

Make sure the apartment is just a one story. It is expensive and a pain in the ass to have an old multi-floor apartment.

Comment

Just be careful. Location of apt, which direction it faces, windows, etc all have an impact on the electrical. Before buying my house, I was in a 2 story 2 bedroom apt, and during the summer my elec bill would hit $450. I realize this is an extreme, but it needs to be considered as a possiblity.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                      Just be careful. Location of apt, which direction it faces, windows, etc all have an impact on the electrical. Before buying my house, I was in a 2 story 2 bedroom apt, and during the summer my elec bill would hit $450. I realize this is an extreme, but it needs to be considered as a possiblity.
                      WTF were you doing, raising fucking penguins?

Well at least the nippage was in full effect in your casa.

Comment

We decided to rent a house, because it was the same price or lower than a decent 2-3 bedroom apartment, and we have twice the space.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                          WTF were you doing, raising fucking penguins?

Well at least the nippage was in full effect in your casa.
                          78 during the day, 72 at night. Seemed the a/c was constantly on trying to maintain even the 78. Apartment would never get below 85 during the day.

Old, inefficient, and I was convinced there was a problem with the a/c. But the apartments refused to do anything about it. That's why we ended up moving and buying a house.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

My apt is about 800-900 sq feet without the attached garage below it.

My electric bill runs 100-200/mo depending on how hot it is outside. I also have several computers running full time.

My A/C is set to 75 most of the time, and it seems like it runs all day and night no matter how hot it is outside.

Newer complex, built in the last 10 years

Comment

Originally posted by Cannon88 View Post
                              We decided to rent a house, because it was the same price or lower than a decent 2-3 bedroom apartment, and we have twice the space.
                              I'm afraid if she gets into a house she will still be in over her head. Yard work, watering, etc. There are some that the monthly rent is lower on, but in crappy neighborhoods I guess... She doesn't need space, she has nothing to fill it with.

Comment

Working...
                              X