No announcement yet.

2nd floor apartment and aquarium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are rodi units? Water changes shouldn't matter as long as there is a way to hook up a hose to the sink faucet

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
      90g x 8lbs/gal = 720+100lbs stand and what not... round it up to 900lbs

900lbs x 6sq ft (18x48) = 150lbs/sq ft. Shouldnt be a problem.
      Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
        Who are you and what have you done with our lincolnboy?
        Same guy, he just learned how to google things and use cut & paste.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi View Post
          II highly recommend not getting any large aquarium in an apartment. When you move - and you will - it'll be one of the biggest pains in the ass you can ever dream of. Add an additional PITA factor for a second floor.

. If you arent planning for over 5 years, just wait until you get a house.
          truth

Comment

Originally posted by ozzeran View Post
            What are rodi units? Water changes shouldn't matter as long as there is a way to hook up a hose to the sink faucet
            Time to read up on proper fish tank care.

Comment

I have 3 tanks in my Apt. 150 gallon, 55 gallon, and a 30 gallon.

Thank god I live on the bottom floor!

Comment

Soon as I read his reply I knew he didn't know shit about an aquarium and he'll be tearing it down within a year.

Comment

LOL, I had a 40 gallon aquarium for years with an Oscar.

I then went and tried saltwater, I could not afford it back then.

You don't need fucking Reverse Osmosis for salt water. I know shit about ammonia/nitrates, I know the 3 stages of filtration, along with PH level's and correct temps. I know about water changes and cleaning the bed.

Give me a break. Half the people on this board don't know much about anything. I asked a simple question as I forgot about that ABBREVIATION. The question was about floor supporting a big aquarium, not about if someone can run one.

This fucking board has really gone to shit and it's getting old fast. There isn't one thread that goes by where someone jumps off topic and talks shit.

Comment

Originally posted by ozzeran View Post
                    LOL, I had a 40 gallon aquarium for years with an Oscar.

I then went and tried saltwater, I could not afford it back then.

You don't need fucking Reverse Osmosis for salt water. I know shit about ammonia/nitrates, I know the 3 stages of filtration, along with PH level's and correct temps. I know about water changes and cleaning the bed.

Give me a break. Half the people on this board don't know much about anything. I asked a simple question as I forgot about that ABBREVIATION. The question was about floor supporting a big aquarium, not about if someone can run one.

This fucking board has really gone to shit and it's getting old fast. There isn't one thread that goes by where someone jumps off topic and talks shit.
                    You should make a thread bitching about it!
                    Originally posted by Nash B.
                    Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
                      haha, too soon. He was typing one up as you made this comment.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                        haha, too soon. He was typing one up as you made this comment.
                        Lol

That's funny
                        Originally posted by Nash B.
                        Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
                          Done

Comment

It's fine on a huge tank as long as your not doing more than 10% or so with no chlorine remover...

I did a 50% water change on a 150g with the water hose and a cup full of chlorine remover and the fish are perfectly fine. They started having babies like crazy...a sign that the water is in good shape.

On topic: Yes, don't do it. 55g is a perfect tank size...
                            2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

Originally posted by mschmoyer View Post
                              It's fine on a huge tank as long as your not doing more than 10% or so with no chlorine remover...

I did a 50% water change on a 150g with the water hose and a cup full of chlorine remover and the fish are perfectly fine. They started having babies like crazy...a sign that the water is in good shape.

On topic: Yes, don't do it. 55g is a perfect tank size...
                              Yep thats a clearshot sign that the water is healthy and full of life. My 150 gallon cichild tank has produced one full tank of fry around 100 convicts, and just last night i noticed the female bred again and there are about another 100 tiny convicts swimming around. Pretty neat to watch fish grow up and change.

Comment

Yeah that is cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X