Apt complex towing legality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apt complex towing legality?

So apparently if your car looks abandoned or your tags are out they can just straight up tow your car? I had a temp inspection sticker that expired last month(a few days ago)

Just had to talk a tow truck driver out of towing my car..
    ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
    So apparently if your car looks abandoned or your tags are out they can just straight up tow your car? I had a temp inspection sticker that expired last month(a few days ago)

how much did that cost?

Comment

Look at your lease or the signs posted in the parking lot. Simple answer is yes, they can and will have you towed.
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

I assume so. This wouldnt be a LE thing. Since an apt is a private complex owned by someone, they can set there own rules and tow whenever.

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
          how much did that cost?
          Haha nothing the dude was pretty cool.

That's pretty shitty they can do that, I'm gunna go raise hell with the people in the office
          ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

That's how it was in my apt complex but they gave me a warning stickers first for my tags being out. Wow you actually got the guy to not tow your car that's awesome.

Comment

That's pretty shitty they can do that, I'm gunna go raise hell with the people in the office
              That's not going to get you anywhere just wasting your time. They don't care.

Comment

You're really wondering if they can tow an un-inspected or un-registered vehicle out of an apartment complex?

If they didn't, I would be storing my shitty old cars there...
                When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

yea if your tags are out even by a day they can tow your car

and like tanner said it's private property so they make/enforce their own parking lot rules

Comment

what kind of hell are you going to raise? all they are going to do is point out in the contract that you signed where it says all cars must be up to date on registration and inspection stickers

Comment

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
                      what kind of hell are you going to raise? all they are going to do is point out in the contract that you signed where it says all cars must be up to date on registration and inspection stickers
                      This. Yup

Comment

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
                        The tow truck driver was cool, he said they could take me off the tow list.
                        That's what I meant by "raise hell"
                        ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

How do you get a temp inspection sticker?

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                            You're really wondering if they can tow an un-inspected or un-registered vehicle out of an apartment complex?

If they didn't, I would be storing my shitty old cars there...
                            I can understand unregistered cars but an inspection sticker 4 days out? What the fuck??
                            ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                              How do you get a temp inspection sticker?
                              peel one off of someone's car who left their window open, scotch tape that one on windshield of your car

Comment

Working...
                              X