baby crib question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baby crib question

did yall have a bumper around the crib when y'all had a baby? we had one on there but my uncle told me the baby could suffocate on it and now my lady is scared to put it back on, i dont want the baby to hit his head or put his arms or legs between the rails and hurt himself

Originally posted by DOHCTR
    You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

We used one from day one never had any problems.....
    Big Rooster Racing
    85' Coupe
    sigpic

Comment

We just had a baby 6 months ago and had a bumper on it until now... Never had any trouble with it at all... Only reason we took it off was he started pulling on it and we got tired of reattaching it everyday...

Comment

We took it off after she was 16mos and sometimes she would get her leg caught in it so we put it back on shortly after, I think its better to keep them on.....first time parent here...just my .02
        Big Rooster Racing
        85' Coupe
        sigpic

Comment

yeah first time here too, have yall ever heard of a baby getting suffocated by one?

Originally posted by DOHCTR
          You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

I've heard people say it, but no actual proof of it having happened. I've got it in my sons crib, and he's just fine.

Comment

Babies (newborns) can suffocate if they are faced down and get their face stuck in the sheets. It is just something you have to keep an eye on. The baby should be fine though.

As some of had without one they always seem to get wrapped up in the gate so I always left mine on.
              Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
              Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

They make mesh style bumpers specifically for this purpose. That way on the off chance they roll over and get stuck against the bumper, they can still breathe and won't suffocate.

Comment

I do not have them on my son's crib. I did until I heard they could suffocate easily with them and I didn't want to take a chance.

Comment

My son is 17 months old and has had one from day one without problems. He really doesnt mess with it either.

Comment

Get the breathable bumper.

Comment

All four of my kids have had bumpers and they are all alive and well. I suppose it's possible they could suffocate, but it seems unlikely
                        - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
                        1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

Working...
                        X