Phone etiquette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phone etiquette

Does anyone else get annoyed when your on the phone and someone else is still trying to talk to you?

My wife loves to try and tell me to tell the person on the phone something, and it drives me nuts. I will be listening to the person on the phone, and my wife will tell me to say something she wants to tell them.

I don't know if it is just me or most people, but I can't listen to two people talk at the sametime. It is extremely frustrating.

I will finally just give the phone to my wife and let her talk.

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
    Does anyone else get annoyed when your on the phone and someone else is still trying to talk to you?

My wife loves to try and tell me to tell the person on the phone something, and it drives me nuts. I will be listening to the person on the phone, and my wife will tell me to say something she wants to tell them.

I don't know if it is just me or most people, but I can't listen to two people talk at the sametime. It is extremely frustrating.

I will finally just give the phone to my wife and let her talk.
    Just walk out of the kitchen.
    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

talking on the phone is for women.

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
        Just walk out of the kitchen.
        HAHAHA
        Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
        talking on the phone is for women.

god bless.
        That is the worst of it. I talked for 39 minutes on my cellphone last month. Which means, I never talk on it. Which pretty much means she does it everytime I talk on the phone around her.

Comment

I had a great response, but then I remembered that you don't really have much of a pimp hand.

SOoooo....

Comment

Originally posted by harrisontx View Post
            just walk out of the kitchen.
            lol

Comment

the wife does this to me all the time. Execpt she asks questions to ask the other person...I just hand the phone to her and say here you go honey!

At work people will walk up to my cube and clearly see I'm on the phone, but they will stand there waiting, so I'll mute the phone and ask them what their business is and they will say I need you to do a certain task in the next few minutes..and I say I can when I'm off this call - they say Oh! You are on the phone..I didn't know! Yeah right I was just talking to myself and I had to put my phone on mute so I could talk to you!

Some people are rude selfish..what else is new?

Comment

I hate talking on the phone unless it is to explain something. I am on conference calls just about all day. If it is not something I need to explain I will text.

But to stay on topic, I hate people with no phone etiquette.

Things such as:

Eating on the phone
                Yawning
                Thinking out loud
                Annoying, obnoxious laughs
                People who don't mute
                People who don't mute and hollar at others that aren't on mute
                The list goes on
                Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

I really dont care if I'm on a personal phone call unless it's important. At work is when it gets on my nerves. I'm trying to talk to a Dr. or nurse and someone always asks me a question and stare at me like they're getting annoyed.
                  .....bro....

Comment

I carry two phones, and I used 6 hours of talk time on one, strictly dialed into conference calls while driving in to work, and like 12 minutes on the other listening to my chick tell me she's off work and coming home.... I text and email, i don't like anyone enough to talk to them on the phone, except my chick

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                      I carry two phones, and I used 6 hours of talk time on one, strictly dialed into conference calls while driving in to work, and like 12 minutes on the other listening to my chick tell me she's off work and coming home.... I text and email, i don't like anyone enough to talk to them on the phone, except my chick
                      Sounds like me. I need a quieter car....
                      Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                      Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

It's been shown that women tend to have multiple conversations going simultaneously more often than men. I can't do it. If someone starts talking to me while I'm on the phone, I tell them to shut up or I tell the person on the phone to hold on. I can't keep track of two conversations at once for shit.

We're all wired up differently.
                        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I'm deef in my right ear so I have the phone is on the left. If anyone is trying to talk to me while I'm on the phone they are shit out of luck.
                          I think his point is that the fish got low balled, fucked in the catfish asshole and you paid half price. The worst part was the fish explaining to his fish friends why his asshole smelled like redneck

Comment

OMG Craig does this to me all the time and it drives me fucking batshit crazy! I am too ADHD to listen to one thing at a time, much less two or more!
                            Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                            Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                            Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                            You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Originally posted by Leah View Post
                              OMG Craig does this to me all the time and it drives me fucking batshit crazy! I am too ADHD to listen to one thing at a time, much less two or more!
                              are you saying Craig's a woman?

Comment

Working...
                              X