Ford mechanics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford mechanics.

I have a customer that broke his 2002 Explorers ability to shift. He would like me to repair it but I have no idea what the part is called so that I can find him a new one.

Its a small aluminum piece thats mounted on the right side of the steering column. The column gear selector has a ball that fits into it on one side and then the trans cable is actuated via that parts rotation. The part is broken where the gear selector connects to it.

I need to know what that part is so I can locate a new one.
    Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

This is the part that is broken. The picture is NOT from the Explorer I am working on and is not broken how the one in the picture is. The part that is broken is circled in red. Its a 2002 Explorer BTW.

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Does it have a part number stamped on it?

Comment

Not that I could see.

Comment

Have you tried searching the site you found the picture on and see if they state what the big red circle is circling?
          Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
          Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

I am the one who circled it. The problem is the 2002 had a common issue of breaking the gear selector arm off where it is broken in that picture. When you search forums for shifter issues they all come up with the shifter being broken how it is in that picture and not how my customers is broken.
            I have searched using many terms like "transmission cable actuator" or "gear selector to transmission cable" and many more but only can find the shift lever itself that is being discussed.

Comment

Pm greenbullit.....
              Big Rooster Racing
              85' Coupe
              sigpic

Comment

So here is the part. No part numbers on it other then a "4". He managed to break the gear arm too so looks like I will be going to the junkyard.

Comment

Working...
                X