Where are the "good" pawn shops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are the "good" pawn shops?

Dad is coming into town this weekend from Houston and wants to go pawn shop hopping looking for some deals on anything that may strike a fancy from guitars, jewelry, guns, etc. Anything that may be a "good" deal... Yeah, I know they are still pawn shops, but you never can tell.

Don't want to hit south Harry Hines, I'm sure they are still loaded with worn out tools and cheap stereo shit, but any idea on where some of the better quality stuff may be? Going to go hit it on Saturday afternoon, just curious where we would have better odds...

There's one on main and Preston in Frisco that had some good stuff last time I was there.

Comment

30/ beltline

Comment

I never have much luck with pawn shops. With that said you could try Rufe Snow in Watauga and I know the guys that own the one off Main st. in Keller... good people.

Comment

South Irving has plenty

Comment

Ave K in Plano

Comment

What is a good Pawn Shop?

Comment

Originally posted by crooner View Post
                What is a good Pawn Shop?
                Crackhead free. No video games or Nucca jewrrrey

Comment

Buckingham @ Central/Bedford rd in Bedford used to be decent. There's a ratty one on 26 a little bit S of the old N Hills Mall site in N Richland Hills that's kind of eclectic - lots of rc cars/airplanes, guns, guitars, tools.

Comment

American Pawn

Comment

There are a couple off highway 26 in grapevine that used to get good stuff, but I'm not sure if they still get good stuff.

Comment

I didn't think they existed. All I've ever encountered in a pawn shop is scum selling to scum.

Comment

Working...
                        X