Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who cruised Forest and Marsh back in the day? There's a reunion going down Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, that was a blast. SO many badass rides out there!

Comment

Shit! I wish I would have seen this before. Spent many nights out there from 1980 till early 90's haha.
      Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
      90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Game On View Post
        I took the turbo festiva out there and had a blast.
        I met up with the wife and brother in law. Looked at all of the muscle cars and wondered how many of the older rides have been there before.I wish I still had the mustang that started this car addiction for me in the first place.
        O.P. ~ Thanks for posting! I never would have heard about this.
        Welcome man. I saw your Festiva and first thing I thought was there was a guy that had one with turbo on DFWS a while back lol

A_______B________I________D_______E

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
          Spent about every weekend out there from the time I was 14 and up into my 20's. Forest until midnight, then off to the cat & mouse game at Luna, LBJ svc road, Manana, California Corssings, Irving Blvd, and occasionally all the way out to Astro and/or Dowdy Ferry.

I had a white Buick GS and a Yamaha FZ700 in the later 80's then a 70.5 Gold/Blk split bumper Camaro for a few years....and I was king of the hill in the early/mid 90's in a silver 90 LX Coupe....3" cowl, Welds, and some good ole Hoosier dirt track tires out back.
          I was out there in '95 for a few years up until the drunk took out several people in front of the liquor store on West NWHWY. Used work where the TV tower is right there. When I had to work weekends it was always entertaining to sit out and watch. Especially when the cops would use our grounds to "observe" and do their shakedowns. Luna was nuts with people racing when there were cars parked on both sides of the road as far as the eye could see... Funniest thing I saw on Luna was someone trying to get away from the cops, climbing that steepass embankment to get onto 635 and the cops getting stuck attempting to catch him. I think the bastard actually got away.

Comment

did anyone take any pics from saturday

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
              did anyone take any pics from saturday
              Yep, put a couple links in pic/vid forum.

Comment

Holy shit I wish I had seen this. I started going there somewhere in the early 70's. I remember Big Daddy came out about 73/74 and ran a rail, turned it back, loaded it on a trailer and was gone. A friend of mine use to run a 69 Camaro with a Ford 351 Cleveland out there all the time. Good times.
                Last edited by BlackSnake; 06-05-2011, 02:26 PM.
                Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                  I was out there in '95 for a few years up until the drunk took out several people in front of the liquor store on West NWHWY. Used work where the TV tower is right there. When I had to work weekends it was always entertaining to sit out and watch. Especially when the cops would use our grounds to "observe" and do their shakedowns. Luna was nuts with people racing when there were cars parked on both sides of the road as far as the eye could see... Funniest thing I saw on Luna was someone trying to get away from the cops, climbing that steepass embankment to get onto 635 and the cops getting stuck attempting to catch him. I think the bastard actually got away.
                  A good friend of mine was one the people killed by that drunk on NW Hwy....after the guy hit them he tried to take off, Tony was actually stuck under his car and he drug him a ways before people forced him to stop. That's when I stopped going to all of it.
                  70' Chevelle RagTop
                  (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                    I was actually there to see both of these instances. I use to take out my van that's in my avatar out there.

Comment

A good friend of mine was one the people killed by that drunk on NW Hwy....after the guy hit them he tried to take off, Tony was actually stuck under his car and he drug him a ways before people forced him to stop. That's when I stopped going to all of it.
                      Damn man. I wasn't out there that night, but I don't think I ever went to any other street race after it happened.

Comment

Originally posted by 78X View Post
                        you remember that guy that would bring his black 4x4 dodge out there and race people in 4 high?
                        I remember that truck... Took me and a few buddies in fox bodies many times...

Comment

We were parked right in the front of the parking lot when that happened and seeing that fucked me and my buddy up mentally for a long time..
                          sigpic

Comment

That was one of my brother's good friends, too and was there with him. Small world.

Was anyone out at Meacham Blvd when someone pulled the gun out and shot it? That was a fun night.
                            Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                            Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                            Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                            You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Originally posted by Leah View Post
                              That was one of my brother's good friends, too and was there with him. Small world.

Was anyone out at Meacham Blvd when someone pulled the gun out and shot it? That was a fun night.
                              That seemed like a regular occurance at the Dallas street races. Lol

Comment

damn i need to get back on here more often! i cruised forest until it went to shit and basically shut down from 87-89 cruised it early on in the late 70's with my uncles 70 charger and split bumper 70 1/2 camaro i drove a 87 GT when they first came out it was a 5 speed all black and bad ass until i went over a bridge in it! back then black grand nationals and black stripped down coupes were the shit! and of course the old musclecars!
                                RIP Roy Sebastion Fraga "lil' Roy" born december 7th 2010 gone back to heaven december 7th 2010. your always in our hearts and thoughts my special little grandson.

Comment

Working...
                                X