Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who cruised Forest and Marsh back in the day? There's a reunion going down Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yep you got it, back in the day it was some good times
    KODFWS 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Leah View Post
      This. I was there almost every weekend. Loved the cat/mouse games between the locations. In the beginning, we would sit at Luna until about 5-6am then get chased off. That's when the fun began.
      Same here....all of the spots near royal/35e, Irving/regal, etc. Good times. The police started really cracking down around 99...they had several departments shut down all of the exits and sent in a cop car to get everyone moving...then everybody had to sit in long lines waiting for the cops to run licenses, check stickers, etc...they were arresting for just about anything. That was over off of crown, if I remember correctly.

Comment

cops come up one time at meniona(sp) and my buddy jumped on my 4wheeler and met me over at don carter bowling alley. thats a few miles from where we where racing. i thought he got caught and went to jail and lost my 4 wheeler. i was pissed till he called me.I still pass by over there every time im on 635 and think about the close calls and fun we had. that 4wheeler was the shit back then. i had hoosiers on the back, front end was chained down. I was the dumb ass with sandals, shorts, no shirt, and no helmet beating up on most all cars out there....
        KODFWS 2011

Comment

Originally posted by bubba stiff View Post
          cops come up one time at meniona(sp) and my buddy jumped on my 4wheeler and met me over at don carter bowling alley. thats a few miles from where we where racing. i thought he got caught and went to jail and lost my 4 wheeler. i was pissed till he called me.I still pass by over there every time im on 635 and think about the close calls and fun we had. that 4wheeler was the shit back then. i had hoosiers on the back, front end was chained down. I was the dumb ass with sandals, shorts, no shirt, and no helmet beating up on most all cars out there....
          Mañana . It took me a little bit to figure out what you were talking about! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
            I remember Dowdy Ferry well. Saw a quad runner someone trailered out one night and he was racing everyone...and winning. Saw a dumbass try to take the U turn too early after a race from the RIGHT lane and plowed right into the side of the Camaro he was racing.

Anyone ever went off roading over there? There was an area right off DF on your left before you went under I20 heading toward Hutchins. Had a blast out there in my friends jeep a few times.
            you remember that guy that would bring his black 4x4 dodge out there and race people in 4 high?

Comment

well im a cracker so go figure
              KODFWS 2011

Comment

Well shit, my inspection sticker is out so I guess I won't be, uh, staying home just because of that...lol

So it WILL be just like the 80's, cruising Forrest lane with an expired inspection !!! But now I at least have insurance.

See ya'll out there.
                Vortex rear stand $75
                8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                11 4 door
                13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
                  Well shit, my inspection sticker is out so I guess I won't be, uh, staying home just because of that...lol

So it WILL be just like the 80's, cruising Forrest lane with an expired inspection !!! But now I at least have insurance.

See ya'll out there.
                  Don't forget to remove your front plate too lol

oh and pull the rear license plate bulb out...

A_______B________I________D_______E

Comment

Originally posted by 78X View Post
                    you remember that guy that would bring his black 4x4 dodge out there and race people in 4 high?
                    Hahaha his name was Joey.. Anyone remember the postal jeep they used to pull around,never seen it run but I always heard how fast it was?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Nasty View Post
                      Hahaha his name was Joey.. Anyone remember the postal jeep they used to pull around,never seen it run but I always heard how fast it was?
                      I remember the jeep, don't think I ever seen it run though.

Comment

Wow it's packed!

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                          Wow it's packed!
                          On the way now, will be in a silver '84 Town Car

Comment

Its was packed out there.

I rolled through in a Red 2011 5.0

Comment

Yeah my son was digging the hell out of it. We were set up in front of Mobile 1 with some of my Dads' high school alumni. He just wished we were in a "fast" car...

Comment

I took the turbo festiva out there and had a blast.
                                I met up with the wife and brother in law. Looked at all of the muscle cars and wondered how many of the older rides have been there before.I wish I still had the mustang that started this car addiction for me in the first place.
                                O.P. ~ Thanks for posting! I never would have heard about this.

Comment

Working...
                                X