Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who cruised Forest and Marsh back in the day? There's a reunion going down Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
    Spent about every weekend out there from the time I was 14 and up into my 20's. Forest until midnight, then off to the cat & mouse game at Luna, LBJ svc road, Manana, California Corssings, Irving Blvd, and occasionally all the way out to Astro and/or Dowdy Ferry.
    This. I was there almost every weekend. Loved the cat/mouse games between the locations. In the beginning, we would sit at Luna until about 5-6am then get chased off. That's when the fun began.
    Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
    Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
    Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
    You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
      what about white swan or dowdy ferry for street racing back in the day?
      I remember the last night I went out there. We were parked in one of the lots around there and some rednecks in a '65 Chevy truck were leaving doing donuts then slamed into the side of a '49 F-100...hard!

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
      '85 - '88 I was down there a lot. Especially after the no-crusing ordinances on Galloway were in place and enforced.
      Before I had my DL, I would go with a friend in his '69 Camaro. That was in '87. Got my DL and drove my '68 Chevy truck...going through a couple tanks of gas cruising/racing. Went out there through the Fenders days.

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
      I started driving the summer of '76. Hit Forest Ln the 1st night I had my license. My dad helped me buy a '69 Boss 302 the winter before. We spent a few months getting it right (I don't think it had ever had the valves adjusted on it, bad radiator, put a new Holley 700 DP on it, etc). The 3rd night I had my license, I hit Forest. Pulled up at the light at Marsh against a very nasty sounding Chevelle, and when the light changed I dropped the hammer. At 4500rpm, with "super-duper 4 ply Cooper's", Boss motors can produce quite the smoke screen. Two cars back was Dallas Finest! The Chevelle hung a hard right, never to be seen again, and I got busted...cold busted. This cop walks up to the car (with smoke still coming from under the fenderwells!) and I hand him a paper license. He said, and I quote,"Where it say's "No U-turn", you take a goddamn u-turn and take this hunk of shit back to Richardson. If I see this car again this summer, I promise I will arrest your ass. Consider this your "get out of jail free card". I took the u-turn and tore ass back to the house.
      ...but you went back anyway right? lol

A_______B________I________D_______E

Comment

Originally posted by Leah View Post
        This. I was there almost every weekend. Loved the cat/mouse games between the locations. In the beginning, we would sit at Luna until about 5-6am then get chased off. That's when the fun began.
        yup...until the sun came up. I got in a pretty bad crash out at the service road one night....in a blue 78' Trans Am.....racing a Vega trailer-car and some dumb bitch parked in the ditch pulled out on us just in time to tag the drivers door....sent us into a spin, down through the ditch and out across the grass on the north side of the road....I took part of a headlight bucket to the noggin that came through the T-top on my side.

Wasn't as bad as one night when Jackass Racing and I were out there and saw a guy lose it on the big end in a black 85' GT (he was racing a C4 Vette)....hit one of those bridge pillars and burst into flames....passengar got out but the driver was trapped in the car and burned up with it. We all used up our extinguishers but just couldn't get it to go out. That was really bad night....I'll ever forget that smell.
        70' Chevelle RagTop
        (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Beaterjuiced View Post
          I remember the last night I went out there. We were parked in one of the lots around there and some rednecks in a '65 Chevy truck were leaving doing donuts then slamed into the side of a '49 F-100...hard!

Before I had my DL, I would go with a friend in his '69 Camaro. That was in '87. Got my DL and drove my '68 Chevy truck...going through a couple tanks of gas cruising/racing. Went out there through the Fenders days.

...but you went back anyway right? lol
          The next weekend, but in a friends '70 TA. Truth be told, the early '70's were supposedly unreal on Forest. The U-turn signs and 30 mph speed limit went into effect in the mid-'70's.

Comment

We were going to have a Carter high school racing reunion, but most everybody is dead or in prison.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
              We were going to have a Carter high school racing reunion, but most everybody is dead or in prison.
              Pretty short RSVP list? ;-)

Comment

I cruised Forest Ln many times back in the day.... albeit I was just 15-16 and hung out with guys with decent cars.

I didn't start getting into the "scene" until back in the early 90's when we would all street race near the industrial area/children's home off of 80 and I30 area... Don't remember what we used to call it at this moment... Somewhere in the Big Town area.. Emerald something?

Comment

Originally posted by lonestarstang00 View Post
                  Man forest ln is memory ln I will be their for sure! I remember I had my first run their almost hit the curve near forest & webb chapple.
                  WTF did you say?
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Was out there from 85-90 and had a blast, got laid many times and had my front teeth knocked out. crashed a 90 FZR 600, had a gun pulled on me, watched a man die after a motorcycle wreck and so much more. But it was a crazy scene out there some nights.

Comment

Sounds like Spruce or Samuel

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                        I cruised Forest Ln many times back in the day.... albeit I was just 15-16 and hung out with guys with decent cars.

I didn't start getting into the "scene" until back in the early 90's when we would all street race near the industrial area/children's home off of 80 and I30 area... Don't remember what we used to call it at this moment... Somewhere in the Big Town area.. Emerald something?
                        White Swan because it was close to the White Swan foods plant

Comment

I remember Dowdy Ferry well. Saw a quad runner someone trailered out one night and he was racing everyone...and winning. Saw a dumbass try to take the U turn too early after a race from the RIGHT lane and plowed right into the side of the Camaro he was racing.

Anyone ever went off roading over there? There was an area right off DF on your left before you went under I20 heading toward Hutchins. Had a blast out there in my friends jeep a few times.

Comment

Da truuuf!

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                            White Swan because it was close to the White Swan foods plant
                            Yeah, there was some good racing for a little while there. I remember the quad racing the cars at the swan also. I was out there in a '75 Toyota Hi Lux truck on '93 TT 300z wheels. It had a built 22re with dual Dellorto sidedrafts.

Comment

boy that brings back memories. that was me on the quad back at swan and dowdy ferry. it was a banshie and had alot of fun with it. took it to carter, menyana(spelling), dowdy, white swan. I used to pull it behind my vette and my truck.
                              KODFWS 2011

Comment

Originally posted by bubba stiff View Post
                                boy that brings back memories. that was me on the quad back at swan and dowdy ferry. it was a banshie and had alot of fun with it. took it to carter, menyana(spelling), dowdy, white swan. I used to pull it behind my vette and my truck.
                                That's right. Your Vette was white I think...

Comment

Working...
                                X