Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who cruised Forest and Marsh back in the day? There's a reunion going down Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who cruised Forest and Marsh back in the day? There's a reunion going down Saturday

Sounds like a good time. I know some of us older folk from around here remember the shenanigans... Friday at Kellers also.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

A_______B________I________D_______E

I pretty much lived on forrest after dark, up until about the time is started getting all ghetto

Had my usual spot, and usual group of peeps there... and even got put on a gang list
    for bieng involved in a couple big brawls out there with a bunch of other guys.

I remember the time I got pulled over and accused of advertising my "gang relations" for having one of
    those stupid "Bad Boy Club" decals on my rear window..

I was never in a gang by the way, they just tried to use that as a way to shut down the big group I was usually with

I aint saying I was there, but there was also the time it seems that Manny, Moe, and Jack got stole
    out of pep boys parking lot, heheheh, they are still gone BTW

I got TONS of stories about my adventures out there, even a little scuffle with one Rob Vanwinkle

Comment

Man forest ln is memory ln I will be their for sure! I remember I had my first run their almost hit the curve near forest & webb chapple.

Comment

Originally posted by Beaterjuiced View Post
        Sounds like a good time. I know some of us older folk from around here remember the shenanigans... Friday at Kellers also.
        Goddamit! the next time I see the word Shenanigans....

Comment

Originally posted by DTM_Motorsports View Post
          I pretty much lived on forrest after dark, up until about the time is started getting all ghetto

Had my usual spot, and usual group of peeps there... and even got put on a gang list
          for bieng involved in a couple big brawls out there with a bunch of other guys.

I remember the time I got pulled over and accused of advertising my "gang relations" for having one of
          those stupid "Bad Boy Club" decals on my rear window..

I was never in a gang by the way, they just tried to use that as a way to shut down the big group I was usually with

I aint saying I was there, but there was also the time it seems that Manny, Moe, and Jack got stole
          out of pep boys parking lot, heheheh, they are still gone BTW

I got TONS of stories about my adventures out there, even a little scuffle with one Rob Vanwinkle

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi View Post
            Goddamit! the next time I see the word Shenanigans....

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
              LOL at anybody on this fucking forum pulling the attention whore card out on somebody else

Comment

"The expected 500 plus cars will command the entire length of the old strip"

Damn, this thing is going to be huge. I'll have to check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by 70Mach1 View Post
                  "The expected 500 plus cars will command the entire length of the old strip"

Damn, this thing is going to be huge. I'll have to check it out!
                  Yeah it looks that way. We'll be out there in a '84 Lincoln Town Car, so don't try to race me lol. I'm going to check out Keller's later, it's been a long time since I've had a #5.

Comment

what about white swan or dowdy ferry for street racing back in the day?

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                      what about white swan or dowdy ferry for street racing back in the day?
                      I was there for that too, but it doesn't compare to the Forest Ln days. I'll definetely go to check this event out.

Comment

'85 - '88 I was down there a lot. Especially after the no-crusing ordinances on Galloway were in place and enforced.

Comment

I started driving the summer of '76. Hit Forest Ln the 1st night I had my license. My dad helped me buy a '69 Boss 302 the winter before. We spent a few months getting it right (I don't think it had ever had the valves adjusted on it, bad radiator, put a new Holley 700 DP on it, etc). The 3rd night I had my license, I hit Forest. Pulled up at the light at Marsh against a very nasty sounding Chevelle, and when the light changed I dropped the hammer. At 4500rpm, with "super-duper 4 ply Cooper's", Boss motors can produce quite the smoke screen. Two cars back was Dallas Finest! The Chevelle hung a hard right, never to be seen again, and I got busted...cold busted. This cop walks up to the car (with smoke still coming from under the fenderwells!) and I hand him a paper license. He said, and I quote,"Where it say's "No U-turn", you take a goddamn u-turn and take this hunk of shit back to Richardson. If I see this car again this summer, I promise I will arrest your ass. Consider this your "get out of jail free card". I took the u-turn and tore ass back to the house.

Comment

Spent about every weekend out there from the time I was 14 and up into my 20's. Forest until midnight, then off to the cat & mouse game at Luna, LBJ svc road, Manana, California Corssings, Irving Blvd, and occasionally all the way out to Astro and/or Dowdy Ferry.

I had a white Buick GS and a Yamaha FZ700 in the later 80's then a 70.5 Gold/Blk split bumper Camaro for a few years....and I was king of the hill in the early/mid 90's in a silver 90 LX Coupe....3" cowl, Welds, and some good ole Hoosier dirt track tires out back.
                            70' Chevelle RagTop
                            (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Galloway!

Comment

Working...
                              X