Pool players inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pool players inside

My dad has a pretty nice pool stick that I bought for him a few years ago for christmas. It has two shafts, one needs a new tip and the other has been banged up against a table pretty bad and I'd like to try and get the dents out of it. Have any of you had anyone around dfw repair a pool stick? If so who do you recommend?
    Thanks
    -Nick

Originally posted by Blue88Coupe View Post
    My dad has a pretty nice pool stick that I bought for him a few years ago for christmas. It has two shafts, one needs a new tip and the other has been banged up against a table pretty bad and I'd like to try and get the dents out of it. Have any of you had anyone around dfw repair a pool stick? If so who do you recommend?
    Thanks
    -Nick
    Off topic but man I just realized you're Andrew's brother, haha!

Comment

Originally posted by papapepper View Post
      Off topic but man I just realized you're Andrew's brother, haha!
      Uh oh!

Comment

How nice of a stick are you talking about?

The billiard factory probably does it, but the quality of work is going to depend on who does it. They may have somebody great, and they may have somebody that sucks.

I used to do it many years ago, but I don't have the tools. If you are talking about some really nice/expensive cues then I can get you a name and number from a friend.

Comment

I get mine retipped at FW billiards, price depends on which tip but it's $10-$15 for good ones. As for the dents those should be pretty easy to fix, if it's fiberglass you fill them with epoxy and if they are wood you fill them with putty. Sand and refinish as you like.

Comment

What brand is the cue? Many of the higher end cue makers have warranty repair service...

Comment

It is a cue, not a stick. A stick is something you find that is dead that has fallen from a tree or bush.
              Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
              Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                It is a cue, not a stick. A stick is something you find that is dead that has fallen from a tree or bush.
                What kind of stick do you have?

sorry had to
                Last edited by Mike; 06-02-2011, 11:26 AM.

Comment

What kind is it? If you don't know, then post pictures of it...

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                    I get mine retipped at FW billiards, price depends on which tip but it's $10-$15 for good ones. As for the dents those should be pretty easy to fix, if it's fiberglass you fill them with epoxy and if they are wood you fill them with putty. Sand and refinish as you like.
                    I lol'd.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post

Comment

its a balabushka, not one of the old ones. It was about 700$ probably six or seven years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue88Coupe View Post
                          its a balabushka, not one of the old ones. It was about 700$ probably six or seven years ago.
                          A decent cue maker can "sweat" out your shaft and condition. If you want someone local, try Steve Klein in Roanoke. He's your best bet in the DFW area.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            I'll take two please.

Comment

A decent cue maker can "sweat" out your shaft and condition. If you want someone local, try Steve Klein in Roanoke. He's your best bet in the DFW area.
                              Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X