No announcement yet.

Engine Bay Painting??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

look, if you want something nice you will have to pay for it. like mentioned above, if you do all the smoothing and mud work, any good body guy will most likely want to go over it just to cover his ass. if you found someone to just shoot color and clear you can't expect for the painter to take full responsibility for any imperfections that are in the mud work. if you can live with that then I would say that I'm sure you could find someone really good to shoot it for you for around $400-$500 or so. any average painter at the corner chop shop will probably get it done for half that but it will most likely NOT be what you expected.
    --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I just talked to "my" paint and body guy. He said 500 is probably a good ballpark figure if they go over it with mud and prime, sand, shoot and clear. He said that he'd have to see it to know what he was gonna have to put into it. This guy painted my car before. I just don't want it to look like a garage job ya know?
      04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
      There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Originally posted by slowyellow View Post
        Yeah, I just talked to "my" paint and body guy. He said 500 is probably a good ballpark figure if they go over it with mud and prime, sand, shoot and clear. He said that he'd have to see it to know what he was gonna have to put into it. This guy painted my car before. I just don't want it to look like a garage job ya know?
        wow, that is cheap considering they'll do it from the mud up.

just out of curiosity, how are you filling the holes?
        --carlos

sigpic

Comment

I was planning on welding in metal discs, unless you have a better method. I'm being serious, not a smartass, lol.
          04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

that'll work. I was just wondering.
            --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for all the comments guys.
              04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Comment

Originally posted by projectPONY View Post
                HEEEY, I'm a legitimate paint and body guy that does work out of his garage!
                You know what I meant. My guy does some of the work in his garage, but he has access to a commercial paint booth at work.

Comment

yeah, I know. I was just BSing you.
                  --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X