Las Colinas apartments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Las Colinas apartments?

Who's lived in Las Colinas, what'd you like, what didn't you like, and where are the nicer apartments?
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

I live in Valley Ranch. I like the area, lots of nice stores and restaurants, and centrally located to anywhere in the metroplex. I do not like the large amount of dot heads in this area but they are much better than the other races you might find in South Irving.

There are really nice apartments in both Las Colinas and Valley Ranch but they can be a bit expensive.
    Originally posted by Nash B.
    Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

I wanted to live out there while I was working there but Indians EVERYWHERE.

Talk about Curry smell.

Used to walk through a park during lunch next to apartments, could smell the fucking Curry.

While I have nothing against them, also curry isn't bad to eat. But of course the smell is VERY strong.

Comment

Lol I never smell curry and I have a couple Indian families that live under and around my apartment. However I would take the smell of curry anyday over the smell of someone stealing my car like in south Irving.
        Originally posted by Nash B.
        Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

I can deal with that, I'm just tired of feeling like I'm living in the hood.
          Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

I work over there...it is definatley Little India
            70' Chevelle RagTop
            (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Matt lives off of Royal and O'Connor. Although O'Connor is called something else now. All of the apartments in downtown Las Colinas are nice. He's a little bit up the road from that, but where he is has several complexes (all but one are fairly new, and nice) and is across the street from the police station.

I'm roughly a mile away from downtown LC. The area is really starting to take off, and will be the hot spot to be if/when the Las Colinas Live project ever comes through. A ridiculous amount of bars, restaurants, and high end hotels (The Crescent is one of them). Granted, that will all take 5 years or so to completely develop. I like the area. Easy access in and out, traffic isn't bad at all (Valley Ranch traffic is fucking absurd), etc

I'd avoid the 635 & MacArthur area like the plague. It can and will take you a half hour to get to the store, a restuarant, etc. It's far too overpopulated. Parking situations in 90% of those complexes suck dick. Everything smells like curry, the Middle Eastern population is flat out rude, and nosey, crime is high due to all the section 8 apartments, etc.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                Matt lives off of Royal and O'Connor. Although O'Connor is called something else now. All of the apartments in downtown Las Colinas are nice. He's a little bit up the road from that, but where he is has several complexes (all but one are fairly new, and nice) and is across the street from the police station.

I'm roughly a mile away from downtown LC. The area is really starting to take off, and will be the hot spot to be if/when the Las Colinas Live project ever comes through. A ridiculous amount of bars, restaurants, and high end hotels (The Crescent is one of them). Granted, that will all take 5 years or so to completely develop. I like the area. Easy access in and out, traffic isn't bad at all (Valley Ranch traffic is fucking absurd), etc

I'd avoid the 635 & MacArthur area like the plague. It can and will take you a half hour to get to the store, a restuarant, etc. It's far too overpopulated. Parking situations in 90% of those complexes suck dick. Everything smells like curry, the Middle Eastern population is flat out rude, and nosey, crime is high due to all the section 8 apartments, etc.
                That's the kind of info I'm looking for. I'm trying to stay under $900 on rent, is this possible in the Las Colinas area while still being able to get into a newer or nicer complex?

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                  That's the kind of info I'm looking for. I'm trying to stay under $900 on rent, is this possible in the Las Colinas area while still being able to get into a newer or nicer complex?
                  I'm in a house, so I can't really comment on that. Shoot Big Matt a message, he can tell you all this. He just moved to the area 6 months or so ago, so his info will be somewhat current.

Comment

I looked at almost every place in Las Colinas. Lived @ "tuscan villas" and did not have a good experience with the staff and there was a bunch of crime in the parking garage. I currently live at "Archstone". 1 bedroom, 3stories, 2 car garage and driveway, badass balcony overlooking macarthur and downtown (dallas and LC) and right accross the street from cool river. I like it but I find it is over priced and the prices are still going up. They are building the dart rail 15ft from one of the buildings, wtf?

Be prepared to feel out of place sometimes though. The Indian population is pretty big in this area and in my exp. they are rude assholes and will give you dirty ass looks and shit, fuck them!
                    Good thing with the indians, is that if there are hot white/hispanic/whatever-chicks, they will prob. end up banging you as there is almost nobody else other than indian dudes, lol.

After living in Las Colinas for 3 1/2 years, I'm ready to move and just signed a lease in Lewisville. All in all, everything is convenient but over priced. Have you looked at valley ranch, same area but much more reasonable prices.

What is your price range? If you don't mind, and what places have you looked at so far?
                    Last edited by VaderTT; 06-01-2011, 11:47 AM.
                    Ded

Comment

Originally posted by vadertt View Post
                      What is your price range? If you don't mind, and what places have you looked at so far?
                      I've lived up in N. Dallas for the past 5 almost 6 years, I've just started looking for a new area. I'm thinking about the Grapevine, Las Colinas, Valley Ranch area. However I've heard that Valley Ranch is turning into another Irving with the quickness. My girl and I will be moving in together and we're trying to stay under $900 a month.

I'm ready for a newer/nicer complex than where I'm living.

Comment

Originally posted by vadertt View Post
                        ... They are building the dart rail 15ft from one of the buildings...
                        There goes the neighborhood. Section 8 will follow.

Comment

Where exactly is considered downtown Las Colinas?

Comment

I've lived up in N. Dallas for the past 5 almost 6 years, I've just started looking for a new area. I'm thinking about the Grapevine, Las Colinas, Valley Ranch area. However I've heard that Valley Ranch is turning into another Irving with the quickness. My girl and I will be moving in together and we're trying to stay under $900 a month.

I'm ready for a newer/nicer complex than where I'm living.
                            There are places down by the canals, downtown LC and by the tv studios that have really nice places for under that $$$.

Let me try to remember the names of the ones that were in my top 10.

By all the tall buildings right off 114.
                            Ded

Comment

Las Colinas Blvd, and a few on O'Connor/Riverside. When looking at a map, everything immediately surrounding the canal and lake Carolyn.

Comment

Working...
                              X