Job- an excuse to hang out in iraq.
      l-i-v-i-n

Comment

It's all about the tenure.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
          Career- posting on DFWM.

Job- an excuse to hang out in Iraq.
          I know. To think one day I will have to face reality and come home to surrender my passport to my wife then actually have to go FIND a job in the States scares the shit out of me.
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
            I know. To think one day I will have to face reality and come home to surrender my passport to my wife then actually have to go FIND a job in the States scares the shit out of me.
            If I don't land this Guam project, I might have to also. FUCK!

Comment

The most foolish thing you can do at this point in your life is have your mind set on a specific career.

Go to school undeclared figure out what you like to study, then make a decision.
              Originally posted by lincolnboy
              After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Get money, fuck bitches.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                  The most foolish thing you can do at this point in your life is have your mind set on a specific career.

Go to school undeclared figure out what you like to study, then make a decision.
                  Have you made yours?

Comment

pro motorsports
                    pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                      I disagree with everyone on all this take your time or feel college out bullshit. You have to have a goal to work towards or you won't make it. My girlfriend, as well as many friends took the route of feeling college out and just about all have dropped out or regretted going in without a goal.

I picked the field with the highest paying 4 yr degree when I was in highschool and just stuck to it. I couldn't be happier with that decision. Because now that I'm making decent money on something I can tolerate, I'm also able to go back to school. I am actually getting a masters in engineering management because I don't wantto stay technical later in my career. I still wish I had the money to have been a plastic surgeon however.

If you lolligag around you will take longer in college and probably settle for the easier shut. And don't forget how hard it is to find a job out of college now. You HAVE to har connections or internships.
                      I don't totally disagree with you, but goals change. I dropped out of college at 20 to chase $. And by all accounts I succeeded. Then I changed directions.
                      To make a determination at 18 that will follow you the rest of your life without knowing firmly what you want to do will always leave questions. In this kid's case, if he goes law, he better damn well be certain that he has a love for law and his idea of justice over any conceptions of money, fame, jets, fast cars, etc. Can he make a better than average living? Yes. But that isn't always the course of action. It appears to me that a lot of idiots who go to law school graduate idiots with a JD.

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post

I agree with this. I have purposely maintained that I don't know which field of law I want to go into. I have time to decide and dabble in courses before I choose a direction.

Comment

Ah! It's not that bad guys! All the 5-15 dollar beers you can handle after work! 30K millionaires and the lovely people at the Galleria type malls!

For me the hardest part was going from living in environments that were...hard, but everyone was generally realistic - compared to places like say...Addison where everything is fake and the people are completely clueless.

Edit: This was for Denny - should've quoted it but was on page 1 and did not realize there were posts on page 2.
                        Originally posted by MR EDD
                        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                          Ah! It's not that bad guys! All the 5-15 dollar beers you can handle after work! 30K millionaires and the lovely people at the Galleria type malls!

For me the hardest part was going from living in environments that were...hard, but everyone was generally realistic - compared to places like say...Addison where everything is fake and the people are completely clueless.

Edit: This was for Denny - should've quoted it but was on page 1 and did not realize there were posts on page 2.
                          I've got to have all of my guys out of Iraq by 01 Sept and me and everything else out by 15 Sept.

I'm hoping they just move me to the Guam/Hawaii project and I'll move my family out there.

If not, I'll have to do something in the States and my wife already said no more PD. Anything I get in the States is going to suck. Traffic/commute, co-workers that don't like crude jokes, established times to go to work- lunch- leave, ugh... I came back once and it was weird for those couple of years.

Comment

If I don't land this Guam project, I might have to also. FUCK!
                            If you move to Guam I've got dibs on the couch.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowLX View Post
                              If you move to Guam I've got dibs on the couch.
                              I think I'm going to have to get a big house. There are a lot of claims being staked.

Comment

I think I'm going to have to get a big house. There are a lot of claims being staked.
                                It's a shame Guam is going to blow in the coming decades. There is no way they have or will develop enough infrastructure in time to cope with the arrival of so many Marines.

Comment

Working...
                                X