Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lock in 2yr fixed electricity rate now or in 6 months?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lock in 2yr fixed electricity rate now or in 6 months?

I'm trying to find price trend charts for TX electricity rates in summer vs. winter.

My gut says electricity is lower in winter and to wait to lock in a 2yr plan... take a 6 month for now.

I've never really paid attention to the shit... Just let the wife handle it.

Your thoughts/experiences?

thanks
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

We run ours on a 1 year and renew in the late winter/early spring.

I would be hesitant on a 2yr. Go for the 6 mo and see where it takes you.

What co. are you looking at for power?
    G'Day Mate

Comment

i'd just check the rates. i pay 8.9 cents per KW from star tex and locked into that for the past 2 years.
      www.hppmotorsports.com
      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Forrest, have you looked at powertochoose.org ?
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Look for a provider that charges:

(1) Little or no base monthly fee
          (2) The same rate per kwh regardless of how little you use

I always go with 1-2 year contracts. Six months now would be good, unless a major 'cane comes into the Gulf in late summer/early fall and jacks up natural gas prices for months afterward.

Comment

I've gone year-to-year with Cirro, and am at 8.9 right now.

Comment

I went ahead and did a 6 month... the prices indicated to me that they're hedging that electricity will be down a little this winter.

the 6 month was a higher rate than the 1yr. I'll likely go with a 1 or 2 yr this winter

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                I went ahead and did a 6 month... the prices indicated to me that they're hedging that electricity will be down a little this winter.

the 6 month was a higher rate than the 1yr. I'll likely go with a 1 or 2 yr this winter
                We're with Stream and for some reason the 6 mo is always cheaper than the 1 yr.

I mispoke earlier, we renew every 6 mo.
                G'Day Mate

Comment

6mo is typically cheaper... a lot of places were

Comment

Originally posted by momostallion View Post
                    i'd just check the rates. i pay 8.9 cents per KW from star tex and locked into that for the past 2 years.
                    Did the same. Mine was a renewal and they gave me an extra $20 on the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post

I always go with 1-2 year contracts. Six months now would be good, unless a major 'cane comes into the Gulf in late summer/early fall and jacks up natural gas prices for months afterward.
                      I know Stream doesn't charge a "base" fee.

Do you know any companies off the top of your head that don't charge in the typical "bracketed" style?

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                      We're with Stream and for some reason the 6 mo is always cheaper than the 1 yr.

I mispoke earlier, we renew every 6 mo.
                      I would guess 6 month is cheaper because they are expecting natural gas prices to go up. In 6 months your rate does up and they try to make up the difference.
                      "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                      -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
                        I know Stream doesn't charge a "base" fee.

Do you know any companies off the top of your head that don't charge in the typical "bracketed" style?
                        It was getting harder to find one that didn't. On my last renewal about 9 months ago, Brilliant Energy was not bracketing rates.

Comment

I renewed in Feb and got a 1 year with a 7.8C per KWH rate. dunno if that helps ya any

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post

That might happen, there saying it going to be a very busy season this year.

Comment

So what company are most of you using in the DFW area? I need to get the ball rolling and get power service set up. I know that I do NOT want TXU.

Comment

Working...
                              X