Need AC help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need AC help

Our AC has been out since Saturday at 5 pm. our house is only 3 yrs old and Airtron replaced the compressor April 2010....fast forward to Saturday...Airtron comes out and says it's low on freon, charges it up and I pay $243 for the call. Well 30 mins later it's hot again, they come back and tell me it's the TSV....and it will be $1200 for the labor and Lennox will cover the part. I am being told by father in law (in ac biz for 15 yrs up north) that TSV should not go bad unless trash/metal shavings got in it due to bad compressor in stall (not clearing the lines good). Airtron wants to charge me the $1200 and I say it's due to their bad install and should be free. Anyone on here know about AC and can give me some direction? It's hot as hell in here and last night had to fork over $150 for hotel/dinner. TIA.

Originally posted by Saleen781 View Post
    Our AC has been out since Saturday at 5 pm. our house is only 3 yrs old and Airtron replaced the compressor April 2010....fast forward to Saturday...Airtron comes out and says it's low on freon, charges it up and I pay $243 for the call. Well 30 mins later it's hot again, they come back and tell me it's the TSV....and it will be $1200 for the labor and Lennox will cover the part. I am being told by father in law (in ac biz for 15 yrs up north) that TSV should not go bad unless trash/metal shavings got in it due to bad compressor in stall (not clearing the lines good). Airtron wants to charge me the $1200 and I say it's due to their bad install and should be free. Anyone on here know about AC and can give me some direction? It's hot as hell in here and last night had to fork over $150 for hotel/dinner. TIA.
    Dude that sucks man. That happened to us 2 years ago. Had two new A/C units put in. Then 1 year later our upstairs unit went out. My mother raised all sorts of hell and ended up getting us another unit for free. Just to fix was something around a grand or more. Also... $150 for hotel/Dinner? Fans + windows open = not THAT bad.

Comment

it was 85 inside the house at 12:30 am Monday so we had enough. Lennox told me a few minutes ago that $1200 is excessive.

Comment

Call Eddins Mechanical

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
          Call Eddins Mechanical
          haha, this site NEVER forgets.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
            Call Eddins Mechanical
            Where'd your sig go?
            G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
              haha, this site NEVER forgets.
              I guess I forgot... Or just never saw.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                Where'd your sig go?
                I got rid of it a few weeks ago. That was some funny shit!

Comment

Call Dallas Cool Air. Ask for Terry. Tell him Richard sent you.

972-576-8840

The TXV could possibly have a strainer/screen in front of it.

Comment

Thats your problem, you have a Lennox.
                    2009 Chevy Tahoe LTZ

2011 GMC Terrain SLT2

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2

Comment

I called the tech expert at Lennox and now Lennox is looking into why Airtron is trying to screw me, they don't like replacing parts for free when it's the install that is causing the issues. They even know about this particular svc manager being a dick. fucking hot in here, I work from home.

Comment

I called the tech expert at Lennox and now Lennox is looking into why Airtron is trying to screw me, they don't like replacing parts for free when it's the install that is causing the issues. They even know about this particular svc manager being a dick. fucking hot in here, I work from home.
                        Have all the fans going? I'd go buy one or two more and put then in the same room.

Comment

I called Airtron since they are the ones that installed my unit. I know the compressor is out, it is still under warranty, I want to know how much they will charge to replace it. Stupid cunt on the phone says she will setup a service call at $85. I tell her that it is not necessary, I just want them to quote the job for a typical replacement. They lost business that day over $85. FUCK AIRTRON!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                            I called Airtron since they are the ones that installed my unit. I know the compressor is out, it is still under warranty, I want to know how much they will charge to replace it. Stupid cunt on the phone says she will setup a service call at $85. I tell her that it is not necessary, I just want them to quote the job for a typical replacement. They lost business that day over $85. FUCK AIRTRON!!!!
                            Parts are covered but labor is not if your home warranty is up.

Comment

Parts are covered but labor is not if your home warranty is up.
                              Exactly! That is why I wanted them to give me a cost. It does not take them upselling a service call to tell me how much to swap a compressor. All the other companies were able to give me pricing over the phone.

Comment

Working...
                              X