Could use a few prayers for the family.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by motoman View Post
    And 3 stitches later he's going to have a cool scar.

My son got a gash just like that in the almost exact same place when he was almost a year old, learning to walk!

He then got one in the back of his head almost the same place but in the back of his headl when is cousin decided to push him into a window framing at a restaurant when he was 3!

Comment

Originally posted by Mustangman_2000 View Post
      I really tried to not respond this, BUT.... Well, first let me preface my remarks by saying I've very pleased to hear he's doing OK.

However, let wrap my head around this(or at least try). He was brought into the ER febrile; it was determined that he has an ear infection (guess what's a common side effect of ear infections besides fever?), foot/mouth disease, and conjunctivitis. And they let this toddler be his own boss against better judgment and walk out on his own, thus tripping and cracking open his forehead requiring stitches??? Wow. I'm sorry. I'm sure I'll take flack for this, but that is one the most utterly asinine and foolish thing I've heard of in a long time. That decision process was unbelievably imprudent, plain stupid, and yielded a totally preventable outcome. He's a sick little boy. Treat him as such. Not time to let him be "big boy".
      One thing you have to keep in mind is depending on the severity of the autism, you may or may not be able to treat them like a regular child. My other nephew who's almost 7 is autistic but is very high functioning for being autistic. Gavin was just diagnosed with autism a few months back and is still going through tests to see how severe his case will be. We can already tell that he gets upset much easier than my other nephew did at this age, so his parents do what they can to prevent that. Unless you've been around autistic kids you probably won't understand how you have to address their behavior.

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
      I took it that he was criticizing the ER staff assuming they let him leave not in a wheelchair. I took it as the parents letting the child walk out.
      I am somewhat in agreement with Tim...however I wont be as harsh. The boy should have been carried to the car...but I would have admitted the child with a temp of 107.6. Was this temp verified?
      Dave it's hard for me to comment as I wasn't there at the hospital with them but I brother mentioned the doctor saying that kids can run temps as high as 108. I know that he'd been sick the past week and because his temp had risen to 104 and not dropped (after getting childrens tylenol) they decided it was best to take him into the ER. He had several different tests done while they were there, I'm guessing they were blood tests. The major thing that my brother mentioned the doctor found was a viral infection, which I'm guessing that's the hand, foot, and mouth thing.
      Originally posted by Jester
      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
      He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
      Originally posted by Denny
      What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
      FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Sorry to hear that motoman, Glad to hear he's doing ok! Quick question though, you said you have another nephew with autism. Is that with the same brother?

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
          Sorry to hear that motoman, Glad to hear he's doing ok! Quick question though, you said you have another nephew with autism. Is that with the same brother?
          Yeah it's with the same brother. From what I've read up on Autism, it's more prominent in boys, and once you've had a child that's autistic there's a 40% chance that any other children you have will develop autism. My niece who's the middle child didn't develop autism.
          Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

Yeah it's with the same brother. From what I've read up on Autism, it's more prominent in boys, and once you've had a child that's autistic there's a 40% chance that any other children you have will develop autism. My niece who's the middle child didn't develop autism.
            Damn dude...

Comment

No criticism intended, but holy shit, I'd stop having kids. Not that 3 is too many... Autistic kids are a full time job for two parents. Much more so than kids without autism. That's got to be taxing on their family, and marriage. Props to them though. I dont know if I could do it. That takes a special kind of person to be able to deal with that 24/7, and even more so with two children with autism.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Glad the kid is ok.
                "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                  No criticism intended, but holy shit, I'd stop having kids. Not that 3 is too many... Autistic kids are a full time job for two parents. Much more so than kids without autism. That's got to be taxing on their family, and marriage. Props to them though. I dont know if I could do it. That takes a special kind of person to be able to deal with that 24/7, and even more so with two children with autism.
                  Oh believe me, they are done with kids, especially since boys are prominent in my family. My brother works 2 jobs to keep up with bills while my sister-in-law works from home to be with the kids when they're out of school.

Comment

One thing you have to keep in mind is depending on the severity of the autism, you may or may not be able to treat them like a regular child. My other nephew who's almost 7 is autistic but is very high functioning for being autistic. Gavin was just diagnosed with autism a few months back and is still going through tests to see how severe his case will be. We can already tell that he gets upset much easier than my other nephew did at this age, so his parents do what they can to prevent that. Unless you've been around autistic kids you probably won't understand how you have to address their behavior.
                    I see. The autism definitely adds to the equation. I really didn't mean to come across as harsh as I did. Just leftover cynicism from my tenure in EMS. The ER story involving an already sick child being further injured just struck a wrong cord with me. Sorry. Should have never happened, special needs child or not. IMO. First thing discussed in your basic Semester 1 EMS Medical Ethics Class; First, do no harm.

At any rate...Glad the little guy is OK. Take care.

Comment

i didn't see this till today... glad to know he is doing better and he will be in prayers for a fast recovery
                      first class white trash

Comment

Working...
                      X