Moving Up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Up!

Well just wanted to check in with my fellow stang brothers and share some of my good news.

I have my first commercial account for my Landscaping Business! Picked up 6 Dollar Generals here in DFW, I am pretty stoked & happy! Of course I am going to have to invest in a Zero Turn Mower now to get these jobs done faster. But none the less!!! My Business is moving in the right direction. Whats even better is I dont deal with the store itself. I handle all my workorders through E-mail with Corp in Cali.

Not sure what the future holds for me. But knock on wood it keeps going this good!
    GOD BLESS TEXAS
    August Landscaping
    214-779-7278
    Seb's high class.
    He'll mow your grass.
    He'll kick your ass.
    And while his kidney stones pass,
    He'll piss in a glass!

Good job, bro. Never stop building/improving. Anyone can do it.

Comment

+1

A hard working honest person is a good thing. You got it going on man.
      Last edited by Leah; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.

Comment

Fish don't fry in the kitchen;
        Beans don't burn on the grill.
        Took a whole lotta tryin',
        Just to get up that hill.
        Now we're up in the big leagues,
        Gettin' our turn at bat.
        As long as we live, it's you and me baby,
        There ain't nothin wrong with that.

Well we're movin on up,

Comment

Congrats SEB. Glad to hear you're doing well.

Comment

Good luck and make some money!!

Comment

Are you only doing lawns? I would think if you are doing any sort of tree trimming or haul away you would be making a killing with the weather we have been getting.
              Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
              Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                Are you only doing lawns? I would think if you are doing any sort of tree trimming or haul away you would be making a killing with the weather we have been getting.
                I just did a huge project for a member on here trimming 15ft Red Tips down to 8ft and off the fence line & even to get the city off his back.

I have a few lawns, But going to try & make more effort towards commercial mowing with the cost of a used Zero turn & business insurance & my labor costs I need to get big accounts to keep me & my two guys working. I think the hard thing to balance is getting enough business to pay my guys & still cover my costs. Im not making much myself. But thats ok, Im focused on getting the good equipment right now & thats where all the extra money goes.

Also with the weather, Having a chainsaw has paid for itself already 10 times over this season. Its a good Season to be in the Landscaping Business.

I hope KNOCK ON WOOD! To be advertising on here soon. Just have to get the Equipment before I start advertising.

Also want to say Thanks to all the members on here who have given me their business.
                GOD BLESS TEXAS
                August Landscaping
                214-779-7278
                Seb's high class.
                He'll mow your grass.
                He'll kick your ass.
                He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
                  I just did a huge project for a member on here trimming 15ft Red Tips down to 8ft and off the fence line & even to get the city off his back.

I have a few lawns, But going to try & make more effort towards commercial mowing with the cost of a used Zero turn & business insurance & my labor costs I need to get big accounts to keep me & my two guys working. I think the hard thing to balance is getting enough business to pay my guys & still cover my costs. Im not making much myself. But thats ok, Im focused on getting the good equipment right now & thats where all the extra money goes.

Also with the weather, Having a chainsaw has paid for itself already 10 times over this season. Its a good Season to be in the Landscaping Business.

I hope KNOCK ON WOOD! To be advertising on here soon. Just have to get the Equipment before I start advertising.

Also want to say Thanks to all the members on here who have given me their business.
                  What proximity do you travel in? Do you travel to Roanoke?
                  Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                  Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

That's awesome and congrats and good luck!

Comment

Congrats!! that's where the money is at right now

just make sure that wherever you keep all your equipment in (truck, trailer, wherever) that you keep it locked or leave a guy in the vehicle waiting in case you have to go to the store or stop anywhere. I hate it when customers want me to look at surveillance video and see if I can see anyone stealing their $400 Echo Blower or trimmer. All I see is someone jumping into their vehicle to steal their unlocked equipment and are long gone before anyone notices.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                        What proximity do you travel in? Do you travel to Roanoke?
                        Out of my area, I cover East Dallas all the way east out towards Royse City & Kaufman & North up to Richardson
                        GOD BLESS TEXAS
                        August Landscaping
                        214-779-7278
                        Seb's high class.
                        He'll mow your grass.
                        He'll kick your ass.
                        He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Congrats Seb!!!!

Comment

Keep honest, a head on your shoulders, work hard and grin and deal with it when kicked in the nuts (by life) and life will treat you good.

I see no reason why if you work hard you can't have multiple crews working for you soon. I know in a lot of businesses that's when the real money and headaches come into play. We do crazy things for money though.

Don't forget the IRS though if you're going to start having some better income, better to pet the dog throughout the years then for him just to shit on you one day. (Not indicating you're currently not doing this, just brought it up)

Good luck man, that's good news for sure and personally, I like seeing success stories.
                            Originally posted by MR EDD
                            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

congrats man, my buddy runs a lawn service and makes damn good money. He's got a couple zero turns, an 08 Dodge Diesel, and he bought my mega cab just to drive on weekends. must be nice!
                              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Working...
                              X