Anyone teach guitar lessons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone teach guitar lessons?

I'm looking for anyone who can teach guitar in my home. This is for one of my kids, in my home, with our direct supervision. (No funny stuff please. S&W protects this house.) My kid wants to learn and has an acoustic guitar. They are 7 and are interested in learning and I, as a parent, am interested in seeing if they have a talent in this field. PM me your name, number, price and 3 references.

NOTE: I guard my kids with great conviction and passion. Do not apply if you have ANY "issues". I have no problems doing hard time because I protected my kids.
    Thanks. God bless.
    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Even if I was a guitar savant there is no chance I would deal with you based on the way you come across in this post.
    An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

Originally posted by 0 GT 2 View Post
      Even if I was a guitar savant there is no chance I would deal with you based on the way you come across in this post.
      Then I have succeeded in getting my point across.
      Thanks for the affirmation.
      There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Earth to Darren: not everyone is a pederast.
        How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
          8 year olds, Dude.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

Just give the kid a computer and tell him to learn tabs. That's how I learned. I never read sheet music for bass or guitar even knowing how to play trumpet and drums somewhat.

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
              I have the aluminium foil on my head. I'm safe. I just want to ensure my kids are too. Suffer me that won't ya? I mean seriously. I'm asking on the INTERWEB for someone to come teach my kid some thing.... Think it might have some inherent weirdness???? Sorry, I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                Then I have succeeded in getting my point across.
                Thanks for the affirmation.
                I give pitching lessons about 15 hours a week and when I have parents who turn it into a pissing contest I tell them to hit the trails. You have to realize when you pay someone for a service they wear the pants. They're not trying to rape your child, they want your money.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

I give pitching lessons about 15 hours a week and when I have parents who turn it into a pissing contest I tell them to hit the trails. You have to realize when you pay someone for a service they wear the pants. They're not trying to rape your child, they want your money.
                  I have NO problem paying for a service provided. (I do the same relative thing as my daily job.) However, I do not go into people's houses and deal w/ their children on a daily basis. This causes me concern.

Comment

There is no chance I would deal with you based on the way you come across in this post.
                    x2

I have NO problem paying for a service provided. (I do the same relative thing as my daily job.) However, I do not go into people's houses and deal w/ their children on a daily basis. This causes me concern.
                    Then go hire some fool that Guitar Center has in house, or something similar. I understand the concern for your kids, but I think you are going about this the wrong way. Yea, they are not my kids and this is just my two pennies.

GL

Comment

Check references. On my businesses site I have a testimonial section that my current clients have provided. Anyone worth a lick should be able to provide that and if it came down to it I am sure they would be able to set up a phone call between yourself and a current client.

One thing I have noticed in pitching, and I am assuming that it is the same with guitar, is that there are some great pitchers that cannot verbalize what they know. Go through someone who has been doing this and who has experience working with young kids. Breaking down the steps and relating that to how a 7 year old thinks is an art within itself.

Just a thought, but do ISD music teachers do freelance work?

-Victor Hugo

Comment

Can't you just run a background check?
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Bull shit the service giver wears the pants. You may have a power complex but if I'm paying you I'm the boss. I'll easily find another teacher. They're a dime a dozen.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                            Bull shit the service giver wears the pants. You may have a power complex but if I'm paying you I'm the boss. I'll easily find another teacher. They're a dime a dozen.
                            Not ones that are worth a shit.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

The chef (he is 25) that runs my restaurant for me is bad ass on the guitar. I have ran a background on him and he is clean as a whistle. I trust him 100% with my business. He is a soft spoken guy who is methodical in what he does. I can ask him if he is interested. Plus I do not know what the going rate for lessons is so what are you willing to pay OR if he is interested I can just pass you his number.

I understand about the kid thing and I agree with your sentiment. I am the same about my son.
                              Originally posted by grove rat
                              shiiiiiit.. i love em thick

Comment

Working...
                              X