Who wrecked the Grand National ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who wrecked the Grand National ?

1987 Buick Regal Grand National - $4000 (Lake Lavon area)

My GN was involved in a collision back in April. I was rear-ended in traffic. I ended-up upsidedown in a ditch.

I finally finished working with the insurance company. I bought the GN back, because there are so many good parts left. I was going to yank the drivetrain and drop it into a project, but my wife helped me realize that I don't need any more projects... thanks, wife...
    •1987 Buck Regal Grand National hardtop - actually smashed-top :-)
    •trunk lid, tail lights, rear fenders, rear bumper, and rear window are toast; rear spoiler appears okay
    •frame is bent in the back. rubs against tires; rear axle appears okay
    •doors don't have rust, but do have dents; passenger door has no window; driver window is okay
    •front bumper is bent, header panel appears okay; right-front fender has dent; left-front fender had only minor mark
    •interior is pretty good; center console is broken, driver's seat recliner is broken; headliner is a bit bent-up; all else is nice
    •stock engine; stock transmission; stock intercooler; Hooker exhaust

Car has under 71,000 original miles. I let it sit for a couple weeks, cleaned the plugs, and it started right up. You can heat it run

Car has a clear title, so if you are in the mood to rebuild it, the title will be in good shape

I have owned this car since May 2000. I have a log of all the fuel/maintenance since then.

I'm not in the mood to part it out, yet, so don't ask me to sell you certain parts. Buy the entire car, keep the parts you need, and sell the rest.

Damn, not a low mile example, but it sucks to see a collectible car destroyed.

That turbo 6 would be awesome in my Ranger though.

Comment

$4,000? hell, the rear end alone (8.5'' with 3.42 posi) is worth nearly $1,000 to G-body guys.
      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Well that's a damn shame.

Comment

Those GTA (also called GNX) wheels are worth a pretty nice chunk if their intact.
          Stock engine? Highly doubt that given the exhaust system and wheels. Running the drivetrain is worth about what he's askin for the whole car provided the tranny works good.
          I sold the non-posi 3.42 8.5" from my wrecked 87 Turbo T for 300 bucks so yeah if its not damaged a posi 8.5" is worth about a grand.
          I'm sure theres a lot of interior pieces, instrument cluster, harness, etc that is in good condition.
          Its a shame to see a nice car like that wrecked, but it wouldn't be hard to find a cheap 78-88 G-body to swap all the parts into (Monte Carlo, Cutlass, Grand Prix, El Camino, Regal, Century, Malibu, etc). That could be a fun project.

Comment

That's upsetting. love those cars.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Horrible. I would love to have that drivetrain though....not sure for what, but I could figure that out.

....perhaps would be cool in an old 65-67 Buick Special.
              70' Chevelle RagTop
              (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

yuck.. If he starts parting it out I'll take the gauge cluster, boost/tach.

Our little project is coming along nicely. redid all the seat covers, new stereo and speakers are done, driveline is done, engine and upgrades are in, built new cold side piping for the front mount as it wouldn't fit with the new radiator and fans. Found it dog tracked because of some seriously worn out bushings so I built new adjustable lower control arms for the rear and replaced all the sterring parts. I have a new solid steering shaft here without a rag joint and hope to get it aligned next week. Getting the windows tinted and a serious detail job done too and hopefully done with the fugger! Turning out to be a nice project and definitely won't lose money on it. Great cruiser car.

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                  Horrible. I would love to have that drivetrain though....not sure for what, but I could figure that out.

....perhaps would be cool in an old 65-67 Buick Special.
                  From personal experience they are wonderful transplants in 2nd gen Mazda RX7's, or even a Cobra kit car. Quite sure it would fit under the hood of a Miata too

Comment

Damn I just found out that was one of my buddies cars. He's had a few GN's including one he sold another friend of mine years ago.

Comment

Working...
                    X