Former FTW officer indicted in ticket scam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aCid View Post
    Mat... Now impersonating a cop is a felony!!!
    Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
    You got it all wrong
    Sec.37.11.IMPERSONATING PUBLIC SERVANT.
    (a) A person commits an offense if he:

(1)impersonates a public servant with intent to
    induce another to submit to his pretended official authority or to
    rely on his pretended official acts; or

(2)knowingly purports to exercise any function of a
    public servant or of a public office, including that of a judge and
    court, and the position or office through which he purports to
    exercise a function of a public servant or public office has no
    lawful existence under the constitution or laws of this state or of
    the United States.

(b)An offense under this section is a felony of the third
    degree.

I'm cutting a warrant for 03trubluGT as we speak.....
    Last edited by Mike; 05-29-2011, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
      Sec.37.11.IMPERSONATING PUBLIC SERVANT.
      (a) A person commits an offense if he:
      You're slipping... you forgot the

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
        You're slipping... you forgot the
        Keep it up smooth criminal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
          Keep it up smooth criminal.

Comment

I believe that these officers were stealing from the Tax Payers long before they did this overtime scam. Writing tickets and treating the citizenry like rolling ATMs is stealing from my perspective and that is why I am taking what they did lightly.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
              I believe that these officers were stealing from the Tax Payers long before they did this overtime scam. Writing tickets and treating the citizenry like rolling ATMs is stealing from my perspective and that is why I am taking what they did lightly.
              We will have to disagree on this one. I say any time you violate the public trust and alter a government document is grounds for severe punishment.

And to do so to inflate your retirement is continued stealing for years to come.

If he has 3 years at $100k, and he retires with 25 years at 75%, he would make $75k in retirement. If you add a $120k year, that makes the retirement go to $80k for the rest of his life. If he lives 20 years, that's another $100k he will get for stealing.

I'm not willing to reward someone like that for what he did.

Comment

Am I reading this wrong or did you just go full-on retarded?

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                  It says exactly what you think it says.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                    We will have to disagree on this one. I say any time you violate the public trust and alter a government document is grounds for severe punishment.

And to do so to inflate your retirement is continued stealing for years to come.

If he has 3 years at $100k, and he retires with 25 years at 75%, he would make $75k in retirement. If you add a $120k year, that makes the retirement go to $80k for the rest of his life. If he lives 20 years, that's another $100k he will get for stealing.

I'm not willing to reward someone like that for what he did.
                    Yeah if you will falisfy a ticket no telling what else you will lie about also. I hate crooked ass piece of shit cops with a passion. I use to work with one and he kept getting caught and then making it. A good friend of mine that was a LT. kept telling me not to worry about it he will slip up again and it will be worse. He finally got caught with his hand in the cookie jar for the last time and they got him but hell it took forever. I made no bones about my dislike for that guy and told him to his face on more then one occassion.
                    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                      I am quoting a movie by saying this " You never go full retard".

The one thing that I didn't think about was mentioned above. The extra income derived from this scam increased the retirement pay of the men who pulled the scam and that is BS. I just don't believe that it should be handled as a felony even though existing laws make it one. Can the shit bags and be done with it. I agree that they betrayed a public trust and agree that they should be punished for it.
                      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

The one thing that I didn't think about was mentioned above. The extra income derived from this scam increased the retirement pay of the men who pulled the scam and that is BS. I just don't believe that it should be handled as a felony even though existing laws make it one. Can the shit bags and be done with it. I agree that they betrayed a public trust and agree that they should be punished for it.
                        There's a reason it's a felony. I don't have any personal experience with it, but an officers word/testimony holds a lot of weight with the courts, so potentially this particular officers word was used to imprison a person(s.) Now that his integrity has been compromised for who knows how long, a person who has been put in jail because of his testimony can request a re-trial. At enormous tax-payer expense. So it's not just his salary/retirement. It's the time for DA's to reprosecute cases, it's the salary dollars of judges, clerks, lawyers, janitorial staff. EVERYONE that works in/with a court system involved with his dealings.

Again, I'm not sure if that's actually how it works, but that's the first thing that popped into my head when the topic was brought up.

If we can't hold absolutely true what an officer says, then officers can't do their jobs. Tickets must be accompanied with video evidence, as must any other "witnessed" crimes that officers arrest/ticket for.

I personally don't generally care for police much, but I understand their role in things, and wish more police were like 03trublugt. He appears to be more worried about actual crime and not petty bullshit like someone going 5-10 over on the highway.

Comment

really?? theft over 500 dollars or something like that is considered a felony .. and we're talking about them scamming for potentially 6 figures and your saying it's not a big deal?

Comment

Originally posted by Raskal View Post
                            really?? theft over 500 dollars or something like that is considered a felony .. and we're talking about them scamming for potentially 6 figures and your saying it's not a big deal?
                            Theft above 1500 is a state jail felony but in an officers case it is stepped up one level. Plus this is more then just theft, it dips into all sorts of other laws.
                            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
                            X