No announcement yet.

Former FTW officer indicted in ticket scam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I recall, this was a state funded program and the city was given several hundred thousand for the over time. This sucks for the good guys since the state plans to get it's money back from the city.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
      That is not the type of guy I was talking about in my PM to you yesterday. DO NOT pass on that info to him.
      L O fucking L !!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
        You say it worked out "good" for the people who were stopped, but couldn't they be completely bogus citations to begin with? If they needed documentation to prove they were working overtime, and were falsifying information on the tickets for their personal gain, who's to say they didn't pull people over for no good reason other than they needed to write a ticket so they could go home early?
        Is your scenario possible? Sure.

But from what I've heard, they found at least 12 people to admit they were stopped for valid infractions, but not at the time(s) that was put on the ticket(s).

If they pulled that many people over, there would have been citizen complaint again and again. That in and of itself would have started an investigation. Would you want to draw heat if you were doing something wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
          There are three sides to every story. I'll wait until I hear all of the facts to pass judgement.
          Smart ass.

Comment

I am not really seeing a crime that needs a felony prosecution in this story. Their theft was petty and I believe that it could have been handled at an administrative level. What they were doing is just as chicken shit as writing tickets in the first place.

When you think about it they were just doing their job as they have been trained to do but they flipped it against their employer; little paper work scams used to extort money from those that have it.
            Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by hawaii5.0 View Post
              I don't eat doughnuts. We have a guy who was fired reference a civil rights violation. Lady who filed the complaint was murdered on Monday/

Can't find anything on murders for the 23rd, or an officer involved in anything. Guess this news is still waiting to break...

And I've actually heard of that ticket scam before. Seems like the same thing broke as a news story 3 or so years ago.
              www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                I am not really seeing a crime that needs a felony prosecution in this story. Their theft was petty and I believe that it could have been handled at an administrative level. What they were doing is just as chicken shit as writing tickets in the first place.

When you think about it they were just doing their job as they have been trained to do but they flipped it against their employer; little paper work scams used to extort money from those that have it.
                Any work product done by an officer is a governmental record/document. Any falsifying of such is a felony. We need officers to be truthful beyond reproach, isn't that what people expect? I sure do.

You don't lie on the stand, you don't fabricate evidence, you don't abuse authority. At least that's my philosophy.

They were stealing from the taxpayers, not the PD. When you're talking about $20k in overtime, that's not "petty".

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                  Any work product done by an officer is a governmental record/document. Any falsifying of such is a felony. We need officers to be truthful beyond reproach, isn't that what people expect? I sure do.

You don't lie on the stand, you don't fabricate evidence, you don't abuse authority. At least that's my philosophy.

They were stealing from the taxpayers, not the PD. When you're talking about $20k in overtime, that's not "petty".
                  We need more officers that think the way you do then. I know of too many that play fast and lose with the facts just to make an arrest.

I don't believe that they should be going after a felony prosecution of these men. Can them, jerk their certification, twist their arms with the threat of prosecution to make them pay back what they stole and make damn sure that they can't work anywhere other then an 8 buck and hour security job. You don't need to drag the PDs name through the mud because of a few bad apples.
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                    We need more officers that think the way you do then. I know of too many that play fast and lose with the facts just to make an arrest.

I don't believe that they should be going after a felony prosecution of these men. Can them, jerk their certification, twist their arms with the threat of prosecution to make them pay back what they stole and make damn sure that they can't work anywhere other then an 8 buck and hour security job. You don't need to drag the PDs name through the mud because of a few bad apples.
                    I had a damn good training officer who told me that if you can't get the bad guy today, he'll do something stupid tomorrow and someone else will have a valid chance to get him.

I was a Marine before I was a cop, and I still believe in honor and integrity. Yea, I do cut loose on here every once in a while, but when it comes down to it, I want to do the right thing. I don't have to run from IAD, or wonder what I told which person. The bad thing about lying is that you have to remember the lies. The truth doesn't change.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post

Mike... Now impersonating a cop is a felony!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
                          You got it all wrong

Comment

You got it all wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              You got it all wrong
                              Originally posted by aCid View Post
                              Sec.37.11.IMPERSONATING PUBLIC SERVANT.
                              (a) A person commits an offense if he:

(1)impersonates a public servant with intent to
                              induce another to submit to his pretended official authority or to
                              rely on his pretended official acts; or

(2)knowingly purports to exercise any function of a
                              public servant or of a public office, including that of a judge and
                              court, and the position or office through which he purports to
                              exercise a function of a public servant or public office has no
                              lawful existence under the constitution or laws of this state or of
                              the United States.

(b)An offense under this section is a felony of the third
                              degree.

I'm cutting a warrant for Mike as we speak.....

Comment

Sec.37.11.IMPERSONATING PUBLIC SERVANT.
                                (a) A person commits an offense if he:

(1)impersonates a public servant with intent to
                                induce another to submit to his pretended official authority or to
                                rely on his pretended official acts; or

(2)knowingly purports to exercise any function of a
                                public servant or of a public office, including that of a judge and
                                court, and the position or office through which he purports to
                                exercise a function of a public servant or public office has no
                                lawful existence under the constitution or laws of this state or of
                                the United States.

(b)An offense under this section is a felony of the third
                                degree.

I'm cutting a warrant for Mike as we speak.....

MuHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Comment

Working...
                                X