need a few sheetmetal screws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a few sheetmetal screws

About an 1/8 of an inch long. They screw the bracket to the window motor transmission assembly for a SPAL electric window conversion kit..

Here's a pic next to a quarter so you can see the size. Anyone know where I can get 4-5?
    Last edited by Silverback; 06-02-2011, 01:54 PM.

Let me see what my pops has.

Comment

rivets are not an option?

Comment

Not for these. The attach the brackets to the transmission assembly, window motor, and crank gear. They are a custom fit piece.

Found a few at harbor freight that might work. May have to drill out the bracket a little

Comment

grainger, fastenall, arrow, mr c's, ace.... they shouldn't be that hard to find.

hell, i probably have a few in my junk drawer in the garage.

Comment

I thought so too. I have a shit ton of screws but none that worked. Evidently SPAL uses some custom made screw

Comment

so cross thread that shit and use loctite or pick me up at dfw @ 9 and we can go check out my junk drawer lol

Comment

I did exactly that, pulled out the old 18 volter, threw on a really small phillips bit and got these other screws jammed in there. So i swapped one real screw for one of the off sizes in half the brackets so each bracket has at least one factory screw.

Comment

Know anyone that does car audio installs? I bet they have some socked away somewhere.

Comment

The titan should have power windows and locks tomorrow. Just have to run wiring to finish up on the passrnger side, then comnect everything up and test and button everything back up. This has been a pain in the ass for sure

Comment

Working...
                    X