Time to find a new dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    If vermin ever invade my house, I'd be covered. If a burglar invades my house, they'd become footballs.

Mastiffs are also about 3x what I want to spend. Bulloxers can be had for $3-500, and are perfect for what I want. That kind of size (mastiff)is a concern too, with a 3 year old. I know it wouldn't be intentional, but a mastiff gets excited and runs her over, it's a broken bone or two. It's also important that my 10 yr old be able to walk it with ease. And I like an energetic dog to take on my shorter bike rides.
    I hope youu can fid one brent. You can fly with a small carrier, if worse comed to worst.

Do some good training with whatever you get. Scooby and Duke both tip the scales abouve 150!, and neither are any issue to walk, and are great around kids. I'll bring Scooy over one day, you can check him out and let the kiddo walk him and play. They are gentle giants..
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
      Don't get another one.

Some jackass on a bike will come speeding by and kill it.
      speaking of... some ass dick let their dog roam the front yard and of course it takes off chasing after me up my street. i had to juke so i didn't run it over then i had to circle around the block so i could get to my garage without having to deal with the dog.
      www.hppmotorsports.com
      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momostallion View Post
        speaking of... some ass dick let their dog roam the front yard and of course it takes off chasing after me up my street. i had to juke so i didn't run it over then i had to circle around the block so i could get to my garage without having to deal with the dog.
        you shouldve pulled up to it, opened the door, and kicked its collar off. thatll teach him not to be wreckless in the streets.
        Originally posted by talisman
        I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
        Originally posted by AdamLX
        If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        Because fuck you, that's why
        Originally posted by 80coupe
        nice dick, Idrivea4banger
        Originally posted by Rick Modena
        ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
        Originally posted by Jester
        Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
          you shouldve pulled up to it, opened the door, and kicked its collar off. thatll teach him not to be wreckless in the streets.
          lol. i wouldn't hurt the dog, but i might slap the owner for letting the dog roam.
          www.hppmotorsports.com
          ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momostallion View Post
            lol. i wouldn't hurt the dog, but i might slap the owner for letting the dog roam.
            nah, the dog was just trying to show you he owns the streets by running around like a maniac obstructing your path. he deserves to get kicked in the collar.
            I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
            If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
              Don't get another one.

Some jackass on a bike will come speeding by and kill it.

Comment

If vermin ever invade my house, I'd be covered. If a burglar invades my house, they'd become footballs.
                Say whaaaaaa.....? They raise hell when strangers are around.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

We had to put one of ours down last year. The other one is really old...when she goes we've decided on a French Bulldog.
                  Originally posted by davbrucas
                  I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                    Say whaaaaaa.....? They raise hell when strangers are around.
                    Sure they do. But they don't intimidate anyone. Lol. My last one I couldn't have asked more from. She was 85lbs, and had a deep bark that would make someone think twice.

I ran across a boxer tonight that I could say no to. Still looking for a bulloxer though, if anyone knows where to find locally.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                      We had to put one of ours down last year. The other one is really old...when she goes we've decided on a French Bulldog.
                      That sucks. Mini went unexpectedly, obviously. That one really hurt. Damn dogs becoming your companions and shit.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Sure they do. But they don't intimidate anyone. Lol. My last one I couldn't have asked more from. She was 85lbs, and had a deep bark that would make someone think twice.

I ran across a boxer tonight that I could say no to. Still looking for a bulloxer though, if anyone knows where to find locally.
                        Decker Giants can get to 45lbs. That's what I'll get next:
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I can't help with the Bulloxer but I think our boxer bitch is preggers. We have two unrelated CKC/AKC boxers that decided to get it on way before we were ready. We even put her in the diaper but I think while we were gone on vacation, our house sitter was a little more lax. If you can't find a bulloxer I will probably have boxers up for sale in a couple months.

The father is a 2 1/2yr old reverse brindle and around 68#. The female is a 8 month old brindle in the upper 40's / low 50's.
                          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                            Decker Giants can get to 45lbs. That's what I'll get next:
                            That same dog at 75-80lbs would be awesome.

I, on the other hand, am stuck with a 10lb min pin that thinks she's 60lbs. She went after a pit the other day, luckily he was just a big puppy and just wanted to play.

She makes a great alarm though, and I'm glad she's not 60lbs when she's laying on my chest.

Comment

While I prefer bigger dogs and love my 80lb lab. I know it will not deter a robber...it's really just gonna be a bigger mess to clean up after he blasts her ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                                While I prefer bigger dogs and love my 80lb lab. I know it will not deter a robber...it's really just gonna be a bigger mess to clean up after he blasts her ass.
                                True, but robbery and armed robbery are totally different. A robber wants to get in an out un-anounced, if they hear a big dog, they'll keep on truckin' to the next easy target.

If someone is breaking into your house armed, they're likely drugged up, and ready to shoot anyone/anything in their way. Consider the dog a pause button, allowing you enough time to get a bead on the intruder(s) head.

Comment

Working...
                                X