GPS/Barometer/Altimeter Watches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPS/Barometer/Altimeter Watches?

Looking to buy one, seems like Casios Pathfinder series has a pretty good rep, but I havent found one that has GPS. Do any of the watches incorperate all 3 of those things? Have any reviews on any other makes/models?

The regular calculator watch is not nerdy enough for you?
    Originally posted by Nash B.
    Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Just duct tape a cell phone to your wrist.

Comment

I have a couple of altimeter watches. Neither one is super accurate, and they both have a lot of features (compass, barometer, etc), but are really complicated to use. I haven't ever seen one with GPS. Seems like the screen would be too small, and you're better off with a small handheld unit.

Comment

The GPS Store, Inc. is your one-stop source for Fitness, sports and golf GPS systems. Find GPS units for running, walking, cycling, and biking.

I have never used one tho.

Comment

I used the (older) X9i through a 15-month deployment, it survived some crazy combat and crazy temperatures. The faceplate broke one of its connectors and Suunto replaced it with the new model for free - 3 years later and after all that use...

...it's big, but check it out, I'm very happy with mine.

Comment

Suunto and Casio make the best watches for this purpose, but I'm not real aware of any with GPS as well.

I never played with the GPS watches, but what functions do you REALLY want and for what purposes?

Like TAMU I had one and knew several people with either the Casio or Suunto watches and we really only wanted the compass and thermometer. The barometer was a nice bonus though.

I THINK the GPS watches are only good for telling you how far you went, they are not like car/phone GPSs - at least the ones I've read about for fitness things.

In other words, what's the purpose?
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I want the compass/bar-alt/rad-alt more than anything but if GPS is an option as well for not a huge price difference I will opt for that. It will be nice to have a watch like this for work, as well as for my abundance of hobbies (a lot of them being outdoors) and for running. I know the GPS on these arnt full fledged handhelds but they can give you directions, mark waypoints, tell you how far youve gone, elevation changes, etc.

That sunto is basiclly what Im looking for, Im gonna have to look into it more. I also like the casio pathfinders, just wished it had the incorporated GPS.

Comment

Word of advice, if you go the Casio watch, pony up for the solar based one. I think costco has it in store for around 100 dollars or so. The batteries will cost a small fortune over the years, I think the non-solar type takes 4 batteries.
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Yeah definitely getting solar powered. I have one of their old G-shocks. Had it for 4 years and never had to change the battery on it. I love it.

Comment

Working...
                    X