Help me pick a good grown up car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me pick a good grown up car

The Ranger's getting old and I could really use a 4 door. I want to spend around 10K on a used sporty-ish sedan.

Mazda6: I can get a newer, lower milage car vs the other two on the list simply because they were cheaper new. Love the looks, always liked Mazdas, supposed to be pretty solid little cars. It even has 05+ Mustang door handles, yay!

G35 Sedan: Nicer, faster, good looking cars. The coupe would be more awesome in every way except the two most important. (I need the other two doors and I want an auto). Downsides: will likely have to be a bit older with higher milage to fit the budget and they have a history of fussy brakes/alignment issues and a dash that likes to fry itself to the tune of $1,200-1,500.

Acura TL: Arguably the best car of the three and they're quick enough and look fantastic. Hard to find one in this price range below 100K miles. They just hold their value too well for my cheap ass.

Other: Have I missed a good option? There's some cool German stuff, but a 6-8 year old BMW or Audi scares me just because of parts and service $$$.
    Mazda6
    0%
    G35 Sedan
    0%
    Acura TL
    0%
    Other (please elaborate)
    0%
    Evil Jose is still my favorite moderator
    0%

2005-06 Nissan Altima SE-R

Might take a grand or more to get one though.

Last edited by Hmbre97; 11-22-2010, 12:27 AM.

Comment

The Mazda would probably be the best choice on a budget. My Mazda3 was a solid car, and I wouldn't think twice about buying another Mazda.

G35 sedans: RWD is nice, solid motor, but the sedan looks like an older persons car. I'm sorry, but it is just so boring compared to the coupe.

The TL is a pimp ride and would be hard to pass up.

Comment

Out of those choices I'd take the G35.
        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE
          The Ranger's getting old and I could really use a 4 door. I want to spend around 10K on a used sporty-ish sedan.

Mazda6: I can get a newer, lower milage car vs the other two on the list simply because they were cheaper new. Love the looks, always liked Mazdas, supposed to be pretty solid little cars. It even has 05+ Mustang door handles, yay!

G35 Sedan: Nicer, faster, good looking cars. The coupe would be more awesome in every way except the two most important. (I need the other two doors and I want an auto). Downsides: will likely have to be a bit older with higher milage to fit the budget and they have a history of fussy brakes/alignment issues and a dash that likes to fry itself to the tune of $1,200-1,500.

Acura TL: Arguably the best car of the three and they're quick enough and look fantastic. Hard to find one in this price range below 100K miles. They just hold their value too well for my cheap ass.

Other: Have I missed a good option? There's some cool German stuff, but a 6-8 year old BMW or Audi scares me just because of parts and service $$$.
          Speed 6 nigga!
          /Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Hmbre97 View Post
            2005-06 Nissan Altima SE-R

Might take a grand or more to get one though.
            Probably a good car, but it's gonna take a lot to get me to fall in love with it's looks. Not that I'm too hung up on it being pretty, but I've been in a ranger so long, I want to enjoy washing this one, lol.

Originally posted by jakesford View Post
            The Mazda would probably be the best choice on a budget. My Mazda3 was a solid car, and I wouldn't think twice about buying another Mazda.

G35 sedans: RWD is nice, solid motor, but the sedan looks like an older persons car. I'm sorry, but it is just so boring compared to the coupe.

The TL is a pimp ride and would be hard to pass up.
            You're mirroring my thoughts on all points.

The Mazda seems to make the most sense, but if I try to find one that really compares to the performance and luxury of the other two, I'm looking at the S version and spending about the same amount of money in the age/miles equation. If I can settle for slow, I could save a ton of cash.

I don't mind the looks too much on the G35, though it is surely disappointing compared to the coupe. The RWD and best 0-60 out of the bunch doesn't hurt either.

Then I see a TL drive by and I just want one.

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
              Out of those choices I'd take the G35.
              Same here. My wife and I just got a nice used one. RWD, quick, and nice.

Comment

I don't like the TL, because I like the TL so much. It's really a fantastic car, but America is the only country that has the Accord and TL separated. In fact, the Accord we have is unique. Everywhere else the TL is just called an Accord, and you can get it at a pretty high trim level. Basically, we're paying more for the car they produce more of, and I would then assume is more inexpensive to produce due to economies of scale.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Grand Prix GTP/GXP either a 3.8 with an eaton or 5.3 LS engine. You can get the GTPs under 10 grand, not sure about the gxp though. Has nice things like heated seats and HUD but FWD.
                  De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

I would take the TL for sure
                    99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
                    going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

I see Blake in a Mercury Marauder.

Comment

acura tl's are super nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                          I see Blake in a Mercury Marauder.
                          Nice!
                          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

tl all the way. nothing else will be near as reliable

Comment

Have you considered a first gen Lexus IS300? Good styling, RWD, very high build quality, and the 2JZs won't give you trouble for ~250k easy if it is maintained.
                              2016 Chevrolet SS 6M

Comment

Working...
                              X