Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by forbes View Post
    http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bikes...es/3900_disc/#
    i have eggbeaters on it and the specialized shoes, the tits are still on the knobbies i mean i rode it literally 2 miles and it's sitting... also have a unicycle for cheap
    PM me a cash price man.

Comment

Elvis has 29's on his truck
      Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

A 29er is between a 28er and a 30er

Comment

a 29er is usually a chick you meet at a bar who has 2 kids and just got divorced, her mom is watching the kids for one night and she is just lookin for some.. according to wikipedia lmao
          first class white trash

Comment

I really dont want to spend over $300 so all that high end shat is out of the question.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              lol, looks like I was wrong. Whoops.
              Fuckin moron.
              How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

That smoke is more of an urban bike. That's a fair price, but not a steal.

29er is a 700c road wheel that uses mountain bike tires. I have two, and love them.

Comment

icon street gloves

Comment

go for the larger wheels, you can roll over curbs without doing a bronco

Comment

The 29" wheels help you climb rocks and other obstacles better. However it is a bit harder to pedal because of the bigger wheel. I suppose you just take the good with the bad.

If you don't plan to go offroad dont get a 29er.

Comment

29er is also harder to control on technical sections.

Once you get that 29er moving its like a train, little rocks, grooves, and tree roots wont phase it like a 26" tire but the larger wheel is harder to get moving.

If you are 6'1" than I would consider a Lare/19.5" frame or 21"frame. (depends which one feels better to you)

Most people my height (5'7") ride medium/18" frame but I like the feel of my large cannondale better. Its all about ride comfort.

That 29er from the craigslist ad posted is not worth 300, especially if you want it for trail riding and that steel frame is a big no no, you want aluminum!. Just get a bike that has front suspension, a 29" wheel is not going to make up for the lack of suspension that a hardtail(front susp. bike) has.

Comment

BTW I bought my 2010 trek 4500 with disk brakes for 300 bucks last year on craigslist. Retail was like 700.

I bought the 2009 cannondale f5 disk that i'm riding now for 350, retail about 700 as well but equipped with 29 speed derailer compared to the 24 speed like the trek 4500 bike had.

Good deals are always out there, just gotta keep looking.

Comment

Originally posted by reytx1 View Post
                            29er is also harder to control on technical sections.

Once you get that 29er moving its like a train, little rocks, grooves, and tree roots wont phase it like a 26" tire but the larger wheel is harder to get moving.

If you are 6'1" than I would consider a Lare/19.5" frame or 21"frame. (depends which one feels better to you)

Most people my height (5'7") ride medium/18" frame but I like the feel of my large cannondale better. Its all about ride comfort.

That 29er from the craigslist ad posted is not worth 300, especially if you want it for trail riding. Just get a bike that has front suspension, a 29" wheel is not going to make up for the lack of suspension that a hardtail(front susp. bike) has.
                            Plenty of people enjoy riding rigid bikes around here. Many of them are 29ers.

What makes a 29er harder to control on technical sections?

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                              Plenty of people enjoy riding rigid bikes around here. Many of them are 29ers.

What makes a 29er harder to control on technical sections?
                              Just like plenty of people like driving their fox bodys with no ac lol, riding a rigid is not a bad thing but for the price I would much rather have a hardtail.

And when I used to ride my brothers 29er, I had a hard time controlling the bike with those wheels on tight fast zig zag corners, maybe I just sucked but when I went to a 26" bike I felt a big difference in control. But I did love the way the 29er felt once it got moving.

If he decides to go 29er, than my suggestion would be to get one with front suspension.

Comment

It's a preference thing. The 29 is a more comfortable ride to me, but once I got on a nicer 26 than my first mtb I just like the feel of the 26 more. If you've got friends who have both see if they'll let you take em for a spin, that's the best way to decide which you like best on the trails.

Comment

Working...
                                X