Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any one had their gallbladder removed

Death is knocking at my front door.

Any one had this done? Are you dead? Have you had to adjust your eating habits?

For the past weeks my health has been crap and one of the reasons is gallbladder, needless to say im terrified and dont want to die so wondering if any one else has had issues.

Simple surgery. Get it removed and go on with life. Most of the time no diet changes but you might experience loose bowels RIGHT after eating for a while.
    www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
      Simple surgery. Get it removed and go on with life. Most of the time no diet changes but you might experience loose bowels RIGHT after eating for a while.

Junior is used to this symptom
      Last edited by sc281; 05-26-2011, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post

Junior is used to this symptom
        Then it should be life as usual. I have never had my gallbladder removed just know people who have.
        www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

I had mine out a little over a year ago... I had a lot of issues right afterwards and was more painful recovering than my stomach and back surgeries but I think it was because I was so sick at the time. Don't sit and wait, trust me!

Comment

Too much tex-mex will do that to you. Eat more greens.

Seriously, good luck man.

Comment

Don't wait too long to get it removed! Mine had to be done emergency style. Plus, letting it get that bad caused me to end up with pancreatitis pretty bad a couple of weeks afterward.
              Spicy/greasy foods won't be very friendly to you and be near a bathroom for up to an hour after you eat a meal.
              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Hey blair screw you!!

Yeah its not really painful as much as uncomfortable but have yet another dr apt today see what they say, also getting a sonogram guess they think im pregnant.

Its been twice since i had issues with it so guess its time for to come out

Maybe then can pull g.b. And appendix and add a couple inches all in one day,

Comment

I blew mine off thinking it would get better and ended up in the hospital for a week.

Comment

I had gall stones and they decided to leave mine in. Anytime I eat alot of dairy it flares up and hurts like a mofo. Right side, mid to upper back. Feels like someone took a baseball bat to it. Greasy foods dont bother me though and that is what the Dr warned me about.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                      Hey blair screw you!!
                      Not like it was a secret or anything, Haha.

But seriously, get your ass to the Doc, pinche.

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
                        I had gall stones and they decided to leave mine in. Anytime I eat alot of dairy it flares up and hurts like a mofo. Right side, mid to upper back. Feels like someone took a baseball bat to it. Greasy foods dont bother me though and that is what the Dr warned me about.

Yeah i think they mentioned stones for me too but after sono if its bad enough they would pull it
                        Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                        Not like it was a secret or anything, Haha.

But seriously, get your ass to the Doc, pinche.
                        Lol, yeah i gots an apt today
                        Maye i wont die.

Comment

Originally posted by Special K View Post
                          I blew mine off thinking it would get better and ended up in the hospital for a week.

Did u ever go to dr? I mean before?

I went and got 2 pills one is super strong gives me a horrible after taste for hours the other not so bad

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                            Lol, yeah i gots an apt today
                            Maye i wont die.
                            You won't die.

But if you do, I'll go mow your yard for ya, as a tribute.

Cuttin' some grass fo' my dead homiez.

Comment

Another perk of being a fatty....gallbladder issues.

Mortality of cholecystitis goes up quite a bit if you wait too long to have it removed and the gallbladder gets gangrenous. I am assuming that this is the reason the girl above spent a week in the hospital.

Comment

Working...
                              X