Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has had their roof totalled by insurance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has had their roof totalled by insurance?

And how did it work? A local roofing company came by and told me I needed to check mine so I called my adjuster and he just came out and said I need a new one. How does this work exactly? Will he cut me (the homeowner) a check for the total amount of a new roof minus my deductible and I settle up with the roofing company? Any other tips/pointers? First time dealing with this.

not to hijack but has anyone had their fence repaired by insurance company?
    Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
      And how did it work? A local roofing company came by and told me I needed to check mine so I called my adjuster and he just came out and said I need a new one. How does this work exactly? Will he cut me (the homeowner) a check for the total amount of a new roof minus my deductible and I settle up with the roofing company? Any other tips/pointers? First time dealing with this.
      they came out and cut me a check for about 3/4 of the money right then. This was after my deductible.
      Then he said to get with the roofer and if they need more then I have another 3k avail... so basically they cut me a check for about 6k... if the roofer will do it for less then that cool... if they want more then you have to submit for the balance.

I know that there are companies in my area that are saying... I do it for you check minus your deductible..... if they were to just come out with out a storm having just gone through they would give you a straight up cash price.. but since they know you are just going to get money from the insurance they are making more.

so... you COULD try to get a cash price out of the company and start there, other wise they are just going to take it all which would leave most people happy because "at least they got their roof fixed/replaced with no money out of pocket..."
      1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

good question, the roofer that came by said to have the adjuster look at the gutters and fence as well.

Comment

ins

Plus check your policy....if you have a ACV policy then the first check you get after your deduct is all you get. A RCV policy will allow you to do a supplement.

Comment

That wasn't nice of your insurance to total your roof.
            www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Insurance cut me a check for about 1/2, then finished it out when the roofer was done. Roofer I worked with was real cool about it. He waited for the insurance money and never once did I have to write a check.
              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by paul_376 View Post
                not to hijack but has anyone had their fence repaired by insurance company?
                My neighbor did and they also gave him $500 for cutting a tree down in his front yard.

Still waiting on adjuster for ours, a lot of neighbors are getting new roofs. If ours is a total loss, I think we're going to wait until after the hail season to get it done.
                2 Chronicles 7:14
                If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                  That wasn't nice of your insurance to total your roof.
                  why not?

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                    why not?
                    He was trying to make a funny...as in they physically totaled aka destroyed your roof.

Comment

When mine was redone we went with a Class4 hail resistant roof, we got that at cost so I had to cut a check for that. The ins met with my roofer and totaled it for wind damage, they gave me roughly 60% due to the roof being 6 yrs old and it being a 20 yr roof. Nationwide said the older the roof the less they give for it to be replaced. They mailed me check for about 80% of the cost and then the roof was done after the roof was complete they sent the remainder which I gave to the Roofer.

Comment

Had mine looked at today and it will need replaced. What sucks is I just did it two years ago. I also had two windows busted in the kitchen and my gutters are beat too.

I recondition headlights on most cars for $50.00. If interested shoot me a pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Thehead View Post
                          Had mine looked at today and it will need replaced. What sucks is I just did it two years ago. I also had two windows busted in the kitchen and my gutters are beat too.
                          Check your phone.

Comment

I forgot to mention the Class4 saved us a little over 300.00 a yr on our home owners insurance and comes with a lifetime warranty. If any of you needing roofs check into what it would run to upgrade to it. And the warranty is fully transferable.

Comment

Most roofers these days will do everything for you with nothing out of pocket. They handle the deductible and all.
                              Photobucket

Comment

Working...
                              X