How do you maintain your cool at work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
    I have driver that runs that direction on a regular basis, I usually have him grab some and bring it down.
    Send me a slice so I can try this so called delicacy..
    G'Day Mate

Comment

• Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
      Send me a slice so I can try this so called delicacy..
      It will probably be a few weeks before I have more.
      I'll send a brick once I get some though.

Comment

• Make sure you cook it right though, gotta be crispy on the outside.
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

• Originally posted by ceyko View Post
          I've worked with a lot of people like you and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you're not just a prick. I rarely had problems with folks like you, but slackers do. I appreciate the honesty cause I know where I stand.

Now slackers, I've seen more then one get fired. There a revamp going on in a company that I'm aware of and a certain person sent an email (the the president of the company) complaining about working for a person like you. Too bod the new boss and the management all trust each other...good people.

Also, I know the pain you endure working with people overseas. In my case I had to work with people...
          a. Who wanted to be in whatever warzone/crappy area
          b. Had a clearance
          c. And this was very loosely defined - was qualified for the job (Networking)

I would've LOVED my jobs overseas if I did not have to work with a bunch of lazy, slackers who had zero interest in professional development. They just wanted me to "show" them everything 30 times a day and never actually learn it. One time I had around 20 people working for me, 3 gave 100%, probably 4 or 5 gave 75% and the rest...25% or less.

My boss tells my coworkers they can deal with me or him. You can damn well bet the would rather deal with me. He puts up with way less shit than I will.

Our contract is up with our with the big company and my boss (our country manager) is a direct hire with them so he is safe of course. BUT there are about 60 people that are getting the ole' talking to from him and quite a few are going home so we can bring in people better suited for the job we are doing now.

We actually hired a bunch of foreign nationals and part of their job is to write reports; a big part. All the managers told them they better shape up and learn to write English or they will have to deal with the guy in the next office and he is not as nice as they (the managers) are.

I have put out email after email with guidance for our people and if they can not learn from it they don't need to be here. I am looking forward to seeing quite a few more go home in the next two-three weeks.
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• I found Scrapple at Central Market the other night. It tastes like sausage but with crispy bacon like edges when you cook it right. I love it.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
              My boss tells my coworkers they can deal with me or him. You can damn well bet the would rather deal with me. He puts up with way less shit than I will.

Our contract is up with our with the big company and my boss (our country manager) is a direct hire with them so he is safe of course. BUT there are about 60 people that are getting the ole' talking to from him and quite a few are going home so we can bring in people better suited for the job we are doing now.

We actually hired a bunch of foreign nationals and part of their job is to write reports; a big part. All the managers told them they better shape up and learn to write English or they will have to deal with the guy in the next office and he is not as nice as they (the managers) are.

I have put out email after email with guidance for our people and if they can not learn from it they don't need to be here. I am looking forward to seeing quite a few more go home in the next two-three weeks.
              If I were closer to retirement, I'd think about kicking it over there for a year.

I have a spotless record, plenty of training, and I had a Top Secret Clearance.

Comment

• Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                If I were closer to retirement, I'd think about kicking it over there for a year.

I have a spotless record, plenty of training, and I had a Top Secret Clearance.
                Take a leave of absense for a year. They will always need police in Ft Worth but this work is drying up.
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• I simply smile at the person pissing me off, cause I know full well in my dreams I can blow their friggin head off. If that doesn't work I follow them to their house in the hills,snip their brake lines and the next morning my problems are solved

Comment

Working...
                  X