Warning: Undefined array key "scheme" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/content/link.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "host" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/content/link.php on line 2 NC officials: Kyle Busch speeding at 128 mph in a 45 - DFW Mustangs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NC officials: Kyle Busch speeding at 128 mph in a 45

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NC officials: Kyle Busch speeding at 128 mph in a 45

I wonder if Kyle got a new Lexus LFA?

Sign in to your Spectrum account for the easiest way to view and pay your bill, watch TV, manage your account and more.

STATESVILLE, N.C. (AP) — NASCAR driver Kyle Busch was clocked by a North Carolina sheriff's deputy going 128 mph in a 45 mph zone and was cited for careless and reckless driving and speeding, a law enforcement spokesman said Tuesday.

Iredell County Sheriff's Office Capt. Darren Campbell said a deputy stopped Busch's 2012 yellow Lexus sports car on a road between Troutman and Mooresville, where the 26-year-old driver lives. It's about 30 miles north of Charlotte.

Campbell said Busch was cited and released upon a written promise to appear in court.

In a statement issued late Tuesday, Busch acknowledged what happened.

"I was test-driving a new sports car and I got carried away," Busch said. "I went beyond the speed I should have been going on a public road. I apologize to the public, my fans, sponsors, and race teams for my lack of judgment."

lmao, can't have any fun anymore!

Comment

I don't see what the big deal is lol. All he's gotta look out for is ole Betsy crossing the road! After all, he's a fucking professional driver!

jk! Stop breaking the law asshole! When I heard it on the radio I lol'd. Fucking idiot could have killed someone with that "lack of judgment." I hope his owner rips him a new one! Public road aren't a damn racetrack. Maybe he learned a lesson and ends up donating some money to a useful cause. Us "regular Joe's" would probably loose our license, have to pay a hefty fine, and probably have to serve some community service hours. I bet he has to do PSA's for teenagers talking about the dangers of overly aggressive driving.
      Owner of Titan Towing

We have your towing needs covered!
      http://www.titantowing.net
      -------------------------------

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
        I don't see what the big deal is lol. All he's gotta look out for is ole Betsy crossing the road! After all, he's a fucking professional driver!

jk! Stop breaking the law asshole! When I heard it on the radio I lol'd. Fucking idiot could have killed someone with that "lack of judgment." I hope his owner rips him a new one! Public road aren't a damn racetrack. Maybe he learned a lesson and ends up donating some money to a useful cause. Us "regular Joe's" would probably loose our license, have to pay a hefty fine, and probably have to serve some community service hours. I bet he has to do PSA's for teenagers talking about the dangers of overly aggressive driving.
        What do you mean his owner? Kyle is the team owner.

edit: not yellow, but shit i'd roll it

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
          I don't follow close enough to know that he owns his own team. That's my mistake, but hopefully someone gives him an ear full! Maybe Nick Hogan would be a good candidate!
          Owner of Titan Towing

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

Comment

I don't follow close enough to know that he owns his own team. That's my mistake, but hopefully someone gives him an ear full! Maybe Nick Hogan would be a good candidate!
            I've been wrong before but I am almost certain he is the team owner, I just started following this year.
            edit: must be nice though, owning your own team and only 26.

Comment

Are you serious? Tell me that you've never done 120mph on a public road.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                Not in a lllloooooooonnnngggggggggggggg time, talking at least 3 or 4 years! Not saying that I was right either! Going fast on public road fell out of favor with me when I had my last motorcycle. It's just not worth the risk! I guess growing up is a bitch! There's just too much to lose!

I learned a valuable lesson last year when I was driving along, traveling highway speeds (on the highway), and I a rear tire blow out putting me sideways into the beginning of a guard rail. I was damn lucky to walk away from that. Wish I could link to the FB pics. I would show you the wreck! It just went to show me that you need to be aware of your surroundings and the machine you're driving. I could have easily accidentally killed someone b/c of something that was beyond my control. There's enough things that can go wrong without you doing 120+ MPH on public roads.

The other night I went for a ride in a buddy's turbo Miata just to see what it was all about and after hitting 60 or so in a 45, I told him I had had enough!
                Owner of Titan Towing

Comment

He is a driver for Joe Gibbs racing in the sprint cup. He is a team owner for the truck series and I think the nationwide series too.

And he's got me beat by a few miles an hour for what I've been popped for in the past.

Comment

when your rich and a racecar driver speed limits mean nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                      In a 45 mph zone????

Are you fckuing kidding me?????

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                        In a 45 mph zone????

tha is pretty dumb i was thinking maybe on an interstate but this guy was doing a buck 30 in a 45 zone haha. dumbass

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                          In a 45 mph zone????

Not quite 120 and it was a 35mph zone.... It was dumb and the cop giving the ticket made me well aware of how dumb it was.

Comment

Awesome! Kyle is my #1 reason to watch NASCAR. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post

edit: not yellow, but shit i'd roll it

Kyle is a team owner in the Truck series and Nationwide but Joe Gibbs owns him in the Sprint Cup.

Comment

Working...
                              X