Book suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book suggestions

Now that I no longer HAVE to read a metric shit ton of history books anymore I want to get back into fiction. I haven't really seen anything that's looked good to me lately though. What are ya'lls recent reads?
    The last 5 I read were catch 22, Everything is illuminated, World War Z, For whom the bell tolls, and the Adventures of Huckleberry finn and zombie jim.

Two wars - Nate Self (not fiction)
    Almost any Stephen Hunter Book
    1984 - George Orwell
    Allan Quatermain - Henry Rider
    Lone Survivor - Marcus Luttrell (non fiction)
    Starship Troopers - Robert Heinlein
    One Ranger - Joaquin Jackson(non fiction)
    One Ranger: Returns - Joaquin Jackson (non fiction)
    Bravo Two Zero - Andy McNab(non fiction)
    Immediate Action - Andy McNab(non fiction)

Even though they are non fiction, still great reads.
    Last edited by Pokulski-Blatz; 05-25-2011, 05:04 AM.

Comment

The Ender's game series. A bit older but still a great read
      99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
      going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

Have you read all the Douglas Adams books? ALL of them are excellent.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
          Have you read all the Douglas Adams books? ALL of them are excellent.

So Long and Thanks For All the Fish was kinda weak, but I do think Spenser would enjoy the series.

Contortionists Handbook was one of the best novels I've read. Syrup by Maxx Barry is hilarious. On the Road by Kerouac is good stuff.

Comment

In the company of heros-Mike Durant (the pilot from Black Hawk Down)
            De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

Originally posted by 95ragtop View Post
              In the company of heros-Mike Durant (the pilot from Black Hawk Down)
              Also a good book.

Check out Black Hawk Down and We Were Soldiers as well. Great books that every american should read along side Lone Survivor and a ton of other great military books.

Comment

John Sanfords Prey Series. Every title of his book has the word Prey in them.

Anything by Luise L'Amour

Comment

Jesus Christ guys. The first sentence said he is tired of reading non fiction history, and is looking for something else.

Comment

Try "Ice Station" by Matt Reilly, then you will find the rest of his books on your own lol.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                      Jesus Christ guys. The first sentence said he is tired of reading non fiction history, and is looking for something else.
                      I know, most of the books in my original post read more like fiction than history. I assume that why he is tired of reading non fiction history is because most of them read like shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Oreos_stang3 View Post
                        The Ender's game series.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                          So Long and Thanks For All the Fish was kinda weak, but I do think Spenser would enjoy the series.

Contortionists Handbook was one of the best novels I've read. Syrup by Maxx Barry is hilarious. On the Road by Kerouac is good stuff.
                          You may have a point there, but beyond the Hitchhiker's series, the Dirk Gently series (there are really only 2) is too often overlooked.
                          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Even though its based on fiction and history, I just finished " The sinners guide to the evangelical right" and it was pretty funny.
                            Ded

Comment

Currently reading Term Limits by Vince Flynn. It's a decent read for being his first book. I'll read more of his in the future, for sure. The Jack Reacher series by Lee Child is one of my favorites and there's always the Prey series by Sandford.
                              How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Working...
                              X