No announcement yet.

dog in the bed of a truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Dog rides in the back 90 percent of the time and loves to splatter drool all over the bedside. Who am I to stop him? He has ridden back there since he was a pup. When I lived in west texas he would sleep in the bed when I went anywhere.

If the weather is shit or super hot he will ride up front.

Stop being a bunch of pussies...

Comment

I guess I'm a pussy, but I treat me dogs like part of the family or my kids. If someone ever kicked my dogs or did something to them, I would end up in jail. So I can't justify putting them in that situation if there is a possibility that they could get hurt.
      Ded

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
        Get real. I'm not killing my dog if he jumps out. He's committing suicide, and I'm getting a new, hopefully smarter dog.

If you put the dog in the bed, start the truck and walk away. Re-affirm that he'd be wise to stay in there until you get him out. If he won't listen to you then, chances are he'll end up a greasy spot on the road somewhere.
        Please tell me you're not a parent

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
          Growing up in Oklahoma there were old men who would let their dogs ride on the back of a pickup with a flat utility bed on it. A few of them told me that if you got the right dog and had him ride with you when he was a pup, every time you left the farm, the dog would jump on the back of the truck just ready to go to town. Usually in town, like at the grocery store they would just sit on the back of the truck and wait.
          Absolutley the same thing way back when in Loveland, CO. Farm trucks galore with unleashed dogs in back riding through town minding their own business. Dogs today just don't know their place no more.

Comment

Originally posted by Treybiz View Post
            My Dog rides in the back 90 percent of the time and loves to splatter drool all over the bedside. Who am I to stop him? He has ridden back there since he was a pup. When I lived in west texas he would sleep in the bed when I went anywhere.

If the weather is shit or super hot he will ride up front.

Stop being a bunch of pussies...

I'm not sure I would want a dog that isn't even smart enough to ride in the bed of a truck while it's in motion. If mine wasn't so damn friendly and I thought she would stay back there while I went in restaurants, stores etc. I would take her everywhere with me, but she would get bored and go find the nearest person to play with.

Comment

My Great Dane sits on my lap while I drive and hangs his head out the window. Also, I drive a SMART Car.
              I think his point is that the fish got low balled, fucked in the catfish asshole and you paid half price. The worst part was the fish explaining to his fish friends why his asshole smelled like redneck

Comment

Seems like, to a lot of you guys, a dog is a possession not a companion/pet.
                Ded

Comment

Dogs riding in the back of a truck in the country, is totally different than driving down a busy interstate IMO.

Falling off on a dirt road at 40 MPH with no cars around, is not really the same as driving down the interstate at 70+ surrounded by hundreds of other cars, and potential distractions for the dog.

I'm not against it, I just don't think it's smart to do it around here. But hey, it's your dog, if you want to take unnecessary risks go right ahead. If I ran over someones dog that jumped out of a truck, I would be fucking pissed! I don't want that shit on my mind at night.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I would feel absolutely terrible if something happened to my dog and if you don't have complete confidence in your dog's ability to ride in the back it shouldn't be back there on an interstate. I treat my dog like family, but I'm not one of these people who will spend my life savings on medical bills etc for a pet, I won't pay money to get a dog either. There are enough free dogs out there I can't believe the money people spend on a dog. In the end it's just a dog and you can always get another one.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                      Dogs riding in the back of a truck in the country, is totally different than driving down a busy interstate IMO.

Falling off on a dirt road at 40 MPH with no cars around, is not really the same as driving down the interstate at 70+ surrounded by hundreds of other cars, and potential distractions for the dog.

I'm not against it, I just don't think it's smart to do it around here. But hey, it's your dog, if you want to take unnecessary risks go right ahead. If I ran over someones dog that jumped out of a truck, I would be fucking pissed! I don't want that shit on my mind at night.
                      I would NEVER jump on a highway with my dog in the bed! That just souls ridiculous and age I DL see people do this, I cod never subject my dog to this. He's just not smart enough. BTW, his vet is only about 3 miles down the road and there's about 5 stop light between home and the vet so I doubt I ever hit 40mph.

Oh, I have him in the classified if anybody's interested.

sent from htc EVO, the iCrap killer.
                      --carlos

sigpic

Comment

F#&$*ng auto correct jacked my post up!

sent from htc EVO, the iCrap killer.
                        --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                          Get real. I'm not killing my dog if he jumps out. He's committing suicide, and I'm getting a new, hopefully smarter dog.

If you put the dog in the bed, start the truck and walk away. Re-affirm that he'd be wise to stay in there until you get him out. If he won't listen to you then, chances are he'll end up a greasy spot on the road somewhere.
                          Generally bipeds like us are supposed to be smarter than dogs so we should know better not to put them in harm's way (in the same way you wouldn't let your kids live in an asbestos-ridden house and play with lead toys).

Comment

One of the saddest things I've ever seen is a dog that jumped out of the back of a pickup in an intersection. It got hit, couldn't move but was bleating and suffering greatly. I would never put my mutt in the back of my truck.

Comment

Working...
                            X