dog in the bed of a truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dog in the bed of a truck

does anyone know of any laws that state that I can't do this?

I just got back from picking up my dog from the vet and I figured I let him ride in the bed. I did tether him down on a short leash so he wouldn't try to jump out, but as I was doing that a lady walked buy and petted him and said to me, "be careful, don't get in trouble."
    --carlos

sigpic

To hell with her.

I see cowpokes doing it all the time. Saw one a while back with 5 on the flatbed.
    G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
      To hell with her.

I see cowpokes doing it all the time. Saw one a while back with 5 on the flatbed.
      yeah, but don't cowpokes usually hang in the country? I'm in the city.
      --carlos

sigpic

Comment

If there is not a law against it, there should be.

Comment

Why not let him ride in the truck?
          www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Nothing wrong with having the dog in the bed of the truck, even in the city. Buncha Nancys.

I wouldn't leash him back there, I think that's what she meant. If he jumps he'll be hanged or dragged to death. No leash in bed, or put him in the cab.

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
              Why not let him ride in the truck?
              cus he sheds like a mother!
              --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                I wouldn't leash him back there, I think that's what she meant. If he jumps he'll be hanged or dragged tlo death. No leash in bed, or put him in the cab.
                I shortened the leash so he only had enough to rest his head on the bed rails. he's such a wuss anyway that he sat most of the ride.

...besides, he's dumb. if I were to put him back there WITHOUT a leash, I truly believe that he would jump. when he was a pup he was in the back seat with my kids, with leash, and he would hang out of the window somewhat. took a trip to the library once like this and no sooner than I pulled in the parking lot homeboy took a jump. took both my kids to hold on to the leash until I could find a parking spot that I liked before we pulled/pushed him back in.
                Last edited by projectPONY; 05-24-2011, 02:19 PM.
                --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Lame, let him roll with you in the cab!
                  Ded

Comment

Most cities have ordinances against it, but it's not a State law

SEC. 7-3.5. TRANSPORTING AN ANIMAL IN AN OPEN BED OF A MOTOR VEHICLE.

(a) A person commits an offense if he carries or transports an animal within the open bed of any moving pickup, flatbed, or similar vehicle.

(b) It is a defense to prosecution under this section that the animal was in a carrier or other device sufficient to keep the animal from falling from the vehicle. (Ord. 26024)

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by ComeAgainJen View Post
                        Most cities have ordinances against it, but it's not a State law

SEC. 7-3.5. TRANSPORTING AN ANIMAL IN AN OPEN BED OF A MOTOR VEHICLE.

(a) A person commits an offense if he carries or transports an animal within the open bed of any moving pickup, flatbed, or similar vehicle.

(b) It is a defense to prosecution under this section that the animal was in a carrier or other device sufficient to keep the animal from falling from the vehicle. (Ord. 26024)
                        That right there can be stretched alot it seems. I honestly have never heard of anyone being stoped for the dog in the bed of a truck. I wouldn't waste my time stoping someone for something as dumb as that. But a leash I would say falls under the ordinance that Jen posted.

Comment

we have a fold away cage kennel in the truck bed we use for trips to the vet. When the weather is nice at least, otherwise he rides in the back of my suv.

Comment

Originally posted by projectPONY View Post
                            yeah, but don't cowpokes usually hang in the country? I'm in the city.
                            I've seen em in Rockwall.
                            G'Day Mate

Comment

Growing up in Oklahoma there were old men who would let their dogs ride on the back of a pickup with a flat utility bed on it. A few of them told me that if you got the right dog and had him ride with you when he was a pup, every time you left the farm, the dog would jump on the back of the truck just ready to go to town. Usually in town, like at the grocery store they would just sit on the back of the truck and wait.
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                              Originally posted by racrguy
                              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
                              X