Found some money...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found some money...

Walked up to an ATM in a CVS to get some cash to take my boys to Space Center Houston. There was $320 in the tray. I got out $100 from my account and brought the cash to the guy at the counter and told him what I found. He looked at me like I was crazy and accepted the cash. It may or may not get back to the rightful owner, but it wasnt mine.
    Is honesty that much of a rarity today? Would you have kept it?

I wouldn't. I would have taken it to the bank the ATM belonged to, if it was a bank atm, or called a phone number on the machine.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
      Walked up to an ATM in a CVS to get some cash to take my boys to Space Center Houston. There was $320 in the tray. I got out $100 from my account and brought the cash to the guy at the counter and told him what I found. He looked at me like I was crazy and accepted the cash. It may or may not get back to the rightful owner, but it wasnt mine.
      it's called karma and you have some good karma coming your way. it was the right thing to do.
      first class white trash

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
        Yes, it's a rarity these today.

No, I would not have kept it.

Comment

nah, i would have tried to return it also. now $320mil???? you folk would never see or hear from me again.

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Sorry guys but I'm broke and every little bit counts, that shit would have been mine!
            Wanna see my care face???

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
              nah, i would have tried to return it also. now $320mil???? you folk would never see or hear from me again.

god bless.
              Keeping my fingers crossed!
              How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

I would have done exactly what you did. That $320 may be all that someone has. There may be some kids who don't eat because of that fuck up.
                Originally posted by racrguy
                What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                Originally posted by racrguy
                Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
                  Keeping my fingers crossed!
                  you just keep yourself locked up in your house per the norm and you dont have to worry abouit seeing me! aka like you did yesterday!

god bless.
                  It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Blakeski View Post
                    Sorry guys but I'm broke and every little bit counts, that shit would have been mine!
                    I've left cash in one of those automated checkout things at grocery stores before and there's always some dickless sack of shit who shares your philosophy as it's never there 5 minutes after I return.

Comment

Originally posted by Blakeski View Post
                      i apprecite you being honest about being a piece of shit! i was truly expecting every prick on here to say they would have returned it.

god bless.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                        I wouldn't. I would have taken it to the bank the ATM belonged to, if it was a bank atm, or called a phone number on the machine.
                        Same thing happened to me (that happened to doc). I called the bank and you wouldn't believe how hard it was to "try" and return the money.

I ended up keeping it, but trust me, I gave more than a fair effort to return it.

David

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                          I would have done exactly what you did. That $320 may be all that someone has. There may be some kids who don't eat because of that fuck up.
                          more or less the same. i probably would have tried calling a number on the ATM.
                          www.hppmotorsports.com
                          ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                            you just keep yourself locked up in your house per the norm and you dont have to worry abouit seeing me! aka like you did yesterday!

god bless.

Comment

I would have turned it in to the DPD. They would know what to do with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X