No announcement yet.

Drove my first Terminator!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice of you to list what to look for.

I wish I would have asked before buying that pos 98 cobra.

Comment

What's the going rate for a complete drivetrain with electronics?

I've still got my 87 and I think my K-member would take it without a problem.

Edit: I just looked around and the going rate for what looks like a stock setup is $8-9k. Of course all the ads I saw said they were BUILT setups that were good for 390hp...lol
      On a side note, would anybody with a 03-04 Cobra like to commit some insurance fraud?
      Last edited by 71chevellejohn; 05-23-2011, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R1psycho View Post
        I love mine. It is a very fun car and it's pretty easy to make some power with them. It's going to be hard to find one that hasn't been ragged on at one point or another. If in the market to buy one, use common sense and don't rush into someone elses problem.
        Check for smoke on start up
        check oil
        check plugs - very quick and easy
        listen for the tick
        check the IRS and make sure it's not leaking
        check and make sure the intercooler pump comes on - I have seen the motors die due to this and most owners never check
        on test drive make sure there isn't any unusual noise coming from the transmission.
        That's a great list.

I changed my plugs every couple of weeks. My eyes were always on my fuel mixture. I also had to reseal the rear at 40k, and it was a piece of cake with help from a buddy.

It was a very dependable car, but I always said I had built a time bomb. I was just nervous of the money I had in it, and made sure it was tip top. Looking back now, I worried more about potential problems, and had absolutely none. Damn I miss that car lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          I bet that would be one hell of a white knuckle ride. lol.
          oh yea it was like riding a roller coaster but you could be killed at any given time! lol..

Comment

Working...
          X